Director of Football | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Director of Football

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Floyd_Pepper":1i2r5h87 said:
Dewsnip steps up! Interesting development....

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/novemb ... -football/
Sat a couple of rows behind me with Lowe and Schumacher at Plainmoor this afternoon.

They left when Stockport went 3-up mid-way through the second half so I guess they were either very disappointed and disillusioned Torquay fans or perhaps they had seen all they wanted to see.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Maybe they were checking out Jamie Reid (who was subbed in the 60th minute) ahead of the January transfer window or just taking in a game en route to Bristol?

Off the pitch the club are investing in a lot of back room staff, I don't think any other Argyle manager has had so much support around him.
The foundations are all there to build success.
Perhaps the directors learnt a lesson from when Derek Adams oversaw everything at the club?
Adams wanted to do that and be in complete control as Head of Football but in hindsight it was too much when the first team should have been the focus.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Perhaps they were looking at Matt Buse - the midfielder who was National League Player of the Month in October

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/decemb ... l-dewsnip/

A very impressive, positive interview with Neil Dewsnip on ifollow. He is very clear thinking and is clear on the specifics of his new role at PAFC and he comes with an excellent cv.

No ‘you knows’ or ‘yes/no’s’ in this interview; a trait that has become almost normal and irritating in interviews nowadays.

Our club seems to be aiming to introduce modern initiatives and techniques that should help to identify transfer targets and player recruitment at all levels.

Neil also mentioned that he is working with Sean Kimberley who, until recently, was Academy Manager at Aston Villa.

Has he just named the replacement for Kevin Hodges?

We are certainly ‘talking the talk’ and I feel very optimistic that we are starting to ‘walk the walk’.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I tell you what...

If during our dark days you could write down on paper what your dream situation would be with regards to saving the club and the re build scenario, what we have today is almost the perfect dream.

Personally I don’t think we will reap the real rewards of all the hard work this season but the future is looking very very promising and nows the time to be a real part of it :scarf:

Jun 2, 2016
Just 1 thing I don't understand from his interview.
He says Lowe likes a possession based style and therefore the rest of the club will now align to that.
I thought the director of football fed that down to the manager, not the other way around?
Shouldn't we be saying "we are Plymouth Argyle, we play like this, we'll get a DoF to implement it, and he'll find a manager to follow"
Just wondering what happens when Lowe leaves. Do we stick with the possession, passing through the thirds etc. Or do we change again? The point of a DoF is we have long term consistency surely?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
the_corkscrew":1t93uvjj said:
He says Lowe likes a possession based style and therefore the rest of the club will now align to that.
I thought the director of football fed that down to the manager, not the other way around?
Shouldn't we be saying "we are Plymouth Argyle, we play like this, we'll get a DoF to implement it, and he'll find a manager to follow"
Just wondering what happens when Lowe leaves. Do we stick with the possession, passing through the thirds etc. Or do we change again? The point of a DoF is we have long term consistency surely?
Surely, the DoF carries out his role in accordance with his job description. I believe that he has explained his role quite clearly and, in doing so, emphasised that he is not RL’s boss and RL is not his boss. They both report to Andrew Parkinson.

It is obvious that RL and SS are comfortable with ND’s role and had considerable influence and input into the revised management structure.

Apr 4, 2004
Tugboat":28shgedl said:
I tell you what...

If during our dark days you could write down on paper what your dream situation would be with regards to saving the club and the re build scenario, what we have today is almost the perfect dream.

Personally I don’t think we will reap the real rewards of all the hard work this season but the future is looking very very promising and nows the time to be a real part of it :scarf:

Yep% 100. Everything is falling into place. I'm over the moon with what going on. It not going to happen over night but I really think we are turning the corner that I've been waiting for my whole life. Thank you Mr & Mrs Hallett

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The irony being that the team has changed from a possession based style to a more direct style over the last month.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
the_corkscrew":30zdd6dz said:

I’d have thought that the appointment of Ryan Lowe itself, would have been a strategic shift towards playing a certain modern, attacking way. That was clearly the blueprint before he was appointed, given the noises from Simon Hallett.

The concern I’d have is that Neil appears to have an especially good relationship with Lowe and Schumacher (known SS since he was a child and was at Bury last season), and may not necessarily stay at Argyle if those two left.

Jun 2, 2016
Yup. DofF is there for long term planning. The constant, even when the manager leaves.
But if the DofF leaves, what do you do?
There's only so much you can plan for.

C

Charles Plym

Yep let’s as is normal on here see if we can find a negative out of a very positive situation :facepalm:

May 21, 2015
If anything it points to a real commitment to stay and build something. You can't predict the future, but Hallett, Parkinson and co are building a very good foundation of personnel to hopefully take the club that next step forward.