Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 1 December | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 1 December

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

An interview with new Director of Football Neil Dewsnip .... club website
“My role will encompass overlooking the Academy; overlooking the talent identification and recruitment structure; overlooking the performance; and liaising with Ryan around the first-team, so hopefully we’ll build a better Plymouth Argyle going forwards.
“It’ll be about long-term planning and it will also free Ryan up to concentrate completely on the first-team.”

The line-up v Bristol Rovers ....

Bristol Rovers 1 - 1 Argyle
Sercombe 74. Sarcevic 84 (pen]
Menayese sent off 95. Sarcevic penalty saved 96.

Attendance: 6,215. Greens 1,802.

Match report

BBC match highlights

Rovers manager Graham Coughlan spoke about the game ...
We’re in the cup, but let’s be straight, we should be in the third round without a replay to be quite honest with you.
"I'm sick of getting apologies from referees. Coventry, Tom Davies’ header. Clear and obvious goal and a clear and obvious error. Yes, you get your phone call from Professional Game Match Officials Limited.

"I got another one last week for the Shrewsbury third goal, which was disallowed. So I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of getting apologies. I love the game, I just want the game done right. It’s sad when decisions like that go against you.
"At the end of the day, we could have been out of the cup because of decisions, but we’re still in the cup so let’s put a smile on our face."

Ryan Lowe spoke about the game ... club website
“Overall, I’m happy because, with 15 minutes to go, we were potentially out of the FA Cup and then with 60 seconds to go, we were potentially through to the next round. I can’t fault the boys, they’ve been terrific."