Just back | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just back

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
Besides obviously missing a last minute penalty, we were very unlucky to not win.

We were by far the better team across most of the pitch, but looked toothless in the final third. On the flip side, the Gas looked threatening whenever they got near our goal, with Clarke-Harris a constant menace.

We looked like we wanted to pass it into the net rather than have some pot shots with the hope for a rebound, with Mayor in particular looking low on confidence.

Sarc played well, as did Josh Grant. The rest of the team relatively solid and did their jobs well.

We definitely looked the better team and should fancy our chances in the replay.

7s across the board except 8s for Sarc and Josh Grant.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Palmer - 7
Edwards - 7
Wootton - 7
Canavan - 7
Sawyer - 7
McFadzean - 7
Grant - 8
Sarcevic - 8
Mayor - 7
Joel - 5
Moore - 7

C. Grant - 6
Telford - 6
Cooper - 5

Another really good performance, we were better than League 1 Bristol Rovers and deserved to win. Frustrating with the late penalty miss, but I have faith in us to do the job back at Home Park.

Today was definitely further evidence that we’re clicking and getting into our stride, against League 1 opposition we were the better team and we always looked the bigger threat. This team & manager have got me excited for the rest of the season & beyond.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
I thought we were excellent. Agree with a lot of posts in that we tried to pass it in to the net at times, but we dominated play for large parts. The first half was a joy to watch and Rovers looked like the L2 side not us. A clear change in system form them at half time brought them into the game but still felt their goal was against the run of play.

With a little more composure in the final third we could have won easily!

Jun 27, 2019
Another hugely encouraging performance that suggests good times to come as we reach the halfway point of the season. Frustrating not to win, yes, but shortly before the penalty miss Rovers hit the woodwork via a superb save from Palmer, so we could actually have lost that - which would have been criminal.

Rovers were really poor; how they're ninth in League One is beyond me (based on that performance anyway). Argyle had more of the ball throughout and looked comfortable at the back. The one flaw in the performance was up top, where our final ball was poor and our shooting erratic. Joel Grant had a terrible game and was rightly hooked early in the second half. Telford was an improvement but didn't really look any more likely to score, while Moore didn't really get on the ball in their area until he was fouled for the second penalty.

Mayor scared the living daylights out of Rovers, and for me was our man of the match (from a number of candidates). He's so comfortable on the ball and seems to glide across the turf. I just wish he'd take a few more risks and drive at defences more, just like he did when he dribbled straight through the Rovers backline to create something out of nothing (looked like he had his legs taken to me, but apparently people who saw replays thought otherwise). He also earned the first pen when he skipped around a defender, who had no choice but to bring him down.

Plaudits also to Sarce, Josh Grant and Wooton. Credit where it's due, Wooton gets some stick and rightly so, but he played well today - not just defensively but also in some of his forward balls. Grant has recovered superbly from his horror show at Exeter and looks a natural in the DM role.

As for the penalty miss, I'm not a fan of a player taking multiple penalties in the same game. It plants questions in his mind about whether to pick a different spot. Easy to say in hindsight, I know, but I would have liked to see Moore take the second one seeing as he earned it.

Anyway, a good performance and a thoroughly deserved - albeit tentative - spot in the hat for the next round.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Very strong performance and the defence is much improved in recent games

I thought we were the better team and as they are in a league above us much to be pleased about

The one area of weakness is up front where we are lightweight and cannot control the ball as well as they should.Argyle have 6 senior strikers in the squad but I would say that this is the area that needs strengthening in January if some of the existing strikers can be offloaded

Mayor looked dangerous whenever he had the ball and ran at the defence

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Anyone else find it a bit weird that the stewards were checking everyone’s keys entering the stadium? I’ve been to 70 odd stadiums but that’s the first time I’ve ever had my house keys checked over.

Sep 6, 2006
davegreenarmy":108vkdoy said:
Besides obviously missing a last minute penalty, we were very unlucky to not win.

We were by far the better team across most of the pitch, but looked toothless in the final third. On the flip side, the Gas looked threatening whenever they got near our goal, with Clarke-Harris a constant menace.

We looked like we wanted to pass it into the net rather than have some pot shots with the hope for a rebound, with Mayor in particular looking low on confidence.

Sarc played well, as did Josh Grant. The rest of the team relatively solid and did their jobs well.

We definitely looked the better team and should fancy our chances in the replay.

7s across the board except 8s for Sarc and Josh Grant.

Wasnt there but how can we be very unlucky not to win but toothless up front?

Jan 29, 2006
If we had someone who could strike the ball as well as sarc we could of won easy. Byron Moore & Joel Grant need to give us some en product for a change. Also do not see what Connor grant brings to the game. Other than these moans thought the rest played really well & Rovers are lucky their still in the draw.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Devizes Green":1otx8737 said:
The one area of weakness is up front where we are lightweight and cannot control the ball as well as they should.

I wonder how long Lowe will persist with Joel Grant, felt he didn't turn up today.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge":2n8ezexk said:
Anyone else find it a bit weird that the stewards were checking everyone’s keys entering the stadium? I’ve been to 70 odd stadiums but that’s the first time I’ve ever had my house keys checked over.
Perhaps they were looking for something to unlock our defence? :lol:

Jun 27, 2019
Cobi Budge":1d4wdbwa said:

It was certainly a new experience for me, though when you think about it it makes perfect sense. You could do some serious damage to someone with a sharpened key (if you're that way inclined).

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
we were the better side but as someone stressed we are desperate for a clinical striker.we will not shoot.weak second penalty which i think had no need to happen as i feel byron moore should have scored.man of the match sarcevic.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
WoodsyGreen":3ska1api said:
Cobi Budge":3ska1api said:

It was certainly a new experience for me, though when you think about it it makes perfect sense. You could do some serious damage to someone with a sharpened key (if you're that way inclined).

Had them checked somewhere in London before, Palace I think. I guess it's because if you're going to smuggle anything small, e.g. a knife, you could just put it on your keyring and when they pat you down just say its your keys.