Argyle/Bristol Rovers v Ipswich/Coventry

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Not the glamour tie we all wanted but winnable should we get past Rovers.

Should we get to the Third round the Scunthorpe away game will be played on a Tuesday. Deep joy.

Sep 13, 2003
Definitely a winnable game whoever we play and both teams will bring reasonable support with them.

Sep 6, 2006
My theory is the balls arent mixed up properly. A lot of all Prem/ Champ ties including the FIRST six games drawn. Last two balls left were 5 and 6. How difficult is it to do it properly?

Sep 13, 2003
Balham_Green":lhbro6qq said:
My theory is the balls arent mixed up properly. A lot of all Prem/ Champ ties including the FIRST six games drawn. Last two balls left were 5 and 6. How difficult is it to do it properly?

Micah Richards + Tony Adams both mixed up the balls (ooh er missus). Seeing as the Premier league and Championship teams make up 44 teams out of the 64 entries then it's more likely they will be drawn together. It's just a random draw, no need to make something out of nothing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think BG has his aluminium hat on again tonight.

JFK, Moon Landing and now Ballgate.

Sep 6, 2006
[*]
Clarke_B":3tb0c0tv said:
Balham_Green":3tb0c0tv said:

Micah Richards + Tony Adams both mixed up the balls (ooh er missus). Seeing as the Premier league and Championship teams make up 44 teams out of the 64 entries then it's more likely they will be drawn together. It's just a random draw, no need to make something out of nothing.

So what are the odds of none of the first 12 balls being below no. 44?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly the same as all the other permutations.

It's the same as the National Lottery, the odds of 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 are the same as any other group of numbers.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Glamour tie would obviously have been first choice - but second would be a home tie that's winnable but against a reasonably attractive club we should expect a decent game against. So a fairly good draw I reckon - it could certainly have been a lot worse...... Imagine having to go to bloody Hartlepool :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":1ri0od0j said:
Exactly the same as all the other permutations.

It's the same as the National Lottery, the odds of 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 are the same as any other group of numbers.

:crazy:

Er dont think you have done the calculations! 'Same as other permutations' is not correct. Just said it off the top of your head.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
very mundane draw whether we win or not against the gas...won't be televised and will hardly get a mention....so much for being up for the cup....

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Somewhat uninspired by this. Stuck in 2 minds about it.

IF we beat Rovers next week then this may be a "winnable" game, so we may end up in the 4th round and may get a decent draw (although knowing our luck it'll be Hartlepool)

I was hoping for a cash windfall this draw, so we could bow out with some style and focus back on the league, with some TV money in the back pocket. Instead we've got to work for the hope of something more exciting in February.

On the other hand, I would love a good cup run and these 2 games are both "winnable" and we never know where we might end up.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oddball":36nrd00o said:
very mundane draw whether we win or not against the gas...won't be televised and will hardly get a mention....so much for being up for the cup....
Never mind, you can still get your tickets for the VP’s black tie ‘do’ or the New Year’s Eve Ball.
Doesn’t appear that IJN will be walking around HP in a tutu.

Jun 27, 2019
Third League One club in a row if we make it past Rovers. Can't say it's overly exciting but at least we're at home - I doubt Ipswich or Coventry are particularly enthused about the prospect of us beating Rovers!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ipswich fans definitely won’t fancy a trip down here. It’s about 320 miles depending on which route you take. If we do play them, we definitely don’t want a replay!