New Grandstand experience | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand experience

Dec 16, 2004
Wow!

Sat there today and it was superb in every way. View was great, bar excellent, toilets warm and clean.

The best bit though was the professionalism and friendliness of the stewards.

Young woman in upper tier near barn park smiled throughout and was incredibly helpful, true customer service.

I was ver impressed with the whole setup.

Aug 2, 2011
Nice friendly stewards, big improvement in the toilet facilities and general access layout. New plastic seats are crap. Even less leg room than the old wooden ones.Can only assume they have been based on being used by dwarfs. One of the most uncomfortable 90 mins of spectating I have ever experienced.

Aug 2, 2011
Nice friendly stewards, big improvement in the toilet facilities and general access layout. New plastic seats are crap. Even less leg room than the old wooden ones.Can only assume they have been based on being used by dwarfs. One of the most uncomfortable 90 mins of spectating I have ever experienced.

C

CiderAndPasties

Presto":zz98b3o8 said:

Bring a cushion? The row spacing hasn't changed so the only difference must be that the seat sticks out more (has a bigger bit to sit on). Seats now are designed with ergonomics and anthropometric data in mind so I am fairly sure it would be difficult to find smaller seats

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Presto":17ap3uye said:

You could always stand up :coat:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Presto":3s3l8tiu said:

Hey, Presto (see what I did there? :D ) I have to say that I am in full agreement regarding the seats. I attended the Argyle Ladies match on Sunday and immediately spotted the reduced leg room - due to the design on the seat backs being moulded, rather than flat (like the old wooden ones). I'm not exactly a giant (5'10") but knee lacerations for me and those around me seemed to be the order of the day. Not a lot that can be done about it, I'm afraid but I am grateful for the suggestion of bringing a cushion. Instead of sitting on it, however, I will force it between my knees and the back of the seat! :lol:

'Kneegate' apart, I have only complimentary things to say about the upper Mayflower and the incredible work that has been done on it. Best view in the house - and whilst I enjoyed making new friends in the Lyndhurst it is good to be back in my spiritual home. :scarf:

Jan 2, 2019
Tom Cobbley":hie1ckjp said:
Presto":hie1ckjp said:

You could always stand up :coat:

:funny: yes I want to see that

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Mark58":21lekyuu said:
Presto":21lekyuu said:

Hey, Presto (see what I did there? :D ) I have to say that I am in full agreement regarding the seats. I attended the Argyle Ladies match on Sunday and immediately spotted the reduced leg room - due to the design on the seat backs being moulded, rather than flat (like the old wooden ones). I'm not exactly a giant (5'10") but knee lacerations for me and those around me seemed to be the order of the day. Not a lot that can be done about it, I'm afraid but I am grateful for the suggestion of bringing a cushion. Instead of sitting on it, however, I will force it between my knees and the back of the seat! :lol:

'Kneegate' apart, I have only complimentary things to say about the upper Mayflower and the incredible work that has been done on it. Best view in the house - and whilst I enjoyed making new friends in the Lyndhurst it is good to be back in my spiritual home. :scarf:

I would say that looking at the gaps, the Lyndhurst missed you all today!

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
View was brilliant but the leg room was very tight (I'm 6'2") and uncomfortable so don't think I will be rushing back to sit in the Grandstand. I will say I thought the new bar area was great even if the tv's weren't working.

Jul 12, 2016
Just a thought but did anybody from the club try sitting on one of the seats before they all installed? Perhaps there was no choice but it's a shame that after all that effort and expense the seating is inadequate. Incidentally,am I right in assuming the Directors were sat in the lower Mayflower area behind the dugouts yesterday? IMO they were better off where they were before .

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Can't understand the surprise at the lack of legroom.

The only ways to have improved this would have been to completely renew / reconfigure the concrete "terraces" to which the seats are fixed or only install seats on every other row.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
David_Fisher":3726kqa4 said:
Can't understand the surprise at the lack of legroom.

The only ways to have improved this would have been to completely renew / reconfigure the concrete "terraces" to which the seats are fixed or only install seats on every other row.

Which would have significantly reduced the capacity, then everyone would be moaning about that on here. :facepalm:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Bob and Steve on GoS told us the upper legroom was the same as before (obviously tight), but that there was much more room in the new lower terrace. Even more room in the posh seats.

Jun 2, 2016
Re the hospitality package.
Lots of happy waiting staff
Food quality fine
Back row enclosure padded seats with loads of legroom
Pitch view from the enclosure :thumbup:
TVs with the midday game and replays at half time etc.

Could not hear what Chris Harrison was saying and quite a few people weren't listening anyway. That whole Argyle legend slot needs re-thinking :thumbdown:

All in all, thoroughly enjoyed. Some aspects should and will improve with time I'm sure. :scarf:

May 16, 2016
It was my first viewing of the completed project from the Lyndhurst side yesterday. It looks much more imposing in real life than the Pictures show. I've yet to take a picture on my phone that looked anything like what I saw. It will be interesting to see the spread of people and affect on atmosphere throughout the Ground once it's fully operational.