Joel Grant - Lack of effort | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joel Grant - Lack of effort

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
When he came on against Cheltenham there was a total lack of effort to chase or close down on there defenders. If this is how he wants to represent himself and Argyle then i hope he does not play another game for us!

Oct 31, 2015
See I like Joel Grant but a mate of mine who is into his football, and played a fairly decent level back in the day, text me during the Rovers game which he was watching on BT sport and said almost the same thing. His words were "needs a rocket up his arse".

I hope it's just a blip

Aug 11, 2013
Like Joel but he looked slow and laboured when he came on at Cheltenham. Just couldnā€™t run. Couldnā€™t get going.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 26, 2006
Heā€™s certainly got the look of someone whoā€™s not quite with it. Iā€™m not convinced heā€™s an out and out striker anyway, heā€™s more suited to a wide position but his final ball always seems poor.

At the start of the season I thought he was doing really well but for a good few weeks now I think heā€™s not been on his A game and seems laboured, shame as he stayed here when he could have left in the summer.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
arrythewurzel":39131wgg said:
Like Joel but he looked slow and laboured when he came on at Cheltenham. Just couldnā€™t run. Couldnā€™t get going.

Yes was a very odd performance,he seemed very slow to move and only got quicker when the fans were shouting at him to chase the ball

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've been thinking this for the last month. He seems 'laconic'.

Sep 25, 2010
budock":317uecum said:
When he came on against Cheltenham there was a total lack of effort to chase or close down on there defenders. If this is how he wants to represent himself and Argyle then i hope he does not play another game for us!

What absolute 100% total bollocks.

Lack of effort, rubbish,, he represents the club, and always tries.

Try supporting another club.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Grant started the season as our first choice striker and scored 5 goals before the end of October, I thought he and Moore where our best strikers during the early games of the season but in recent weeks he's been a bit part player who looks so disinterested and disillusioned.
His body language against Cheltenham was all wrong and he didn't exactly fight for the cause.
Maybe he's off in January which would be a shame because he was one of the few players who wanted to stay in the summer and put right the shambles from last season.

Jul 12, 2016
This is not a new issue with Joel Grant. He always seems reluctant to win 50/50 balls whether in defence or attack.
Could be he is afraid of picking up an injury?

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Martyn":3mjdqvqo said:
budock":3mjdqvqo said:

Were you at Cheltenham?

His apparent lack of interest and commitment when we could not keep the ball up the other end in the last 15 minutes was noticed by a number of Argyle fans. Telford was at least trying but not getting much joy because of the poor delivery up to him and the size of their CBs. Grant just look disinterested and apart from not winning the ball and holding it up, he needlessly ran into an offside position at least 3 times. He was lazy, both in mind and body. The Cheltenham defenders were able to bring the ball out and start attacks with ease because they were not be being pressurised.

Fans are not stupid, they know when a player is not giving his all.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I remember his miss when 1 on 1 with the keeper against Bradford at home.. would of put us 3-0 up. He had a shocker and put it straight at the keeper.

Hasnā€™t looked the same since.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ryan Lowe went absolutely ape at him after another of his effortless runs had caught him offside again. Whether heā€™s carrying an injury or trying to make sure he doesnā€™t get one ahead of a potential move in January I donā€™t know, but one has to have suspicions when such a lack of effort is so obvious. So, sorry Martyn, itā€™s not blx it was the evidence in front of 1200 green sets of eyes.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Martyn":zy77lfkr said:
budock":zy77lfkr said:

Every supporter is entitled to his opinion, Martyn and Budock is clearly not the only one who has noticed Joelā€™s attitude in recent games.
Joel is not showing the level of commitment and energy that he showed early last season before he got injured or, indeed, earlier in this season.
Forming that opinion does not warrant your suggestion that Budock should ā€˜try supporting another clubā€™.