✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Apart from Semper, what tune always reminds you of Argyle?

For me, after 4 months away in the Falklands I came back to the Theatre of Greens to the sound of "Perfect" by Fairground Attraction bellowing out the Demport.. it was May 88 and a 1-0 win over Oldham. Even now Eddie Reader makes me smile!

May 5, 2006
2 spring to mind:

A walk in the Black Forest, the tune that used to be played at the end of a game as people left, and

Where do you go to my darling, by Peter Sarstetd. Heard it at my very first game in 1977. Always reminds me of standing on a cold wet Mayflower terrace.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
‘It’s a Beautiful Day’ by The Levellers, which was played prior to kick off for a couple of seasons.
(also ‘A Walk in the Black Forest’ as already noted which I miss being played as we all trot out of the ground after matches).

When I started going in the late 80s, I'm sure Tiger Feet by Mud was played before each match. Also associate the Toy Dolls' version of Nelly The Elephant with Argyle.

As an aside, saw Eddi Reader do a gig in Harrogate a couple of years ago. Mad as a box of frogs but very entertaining!

M

I’m sure I heard A Walk In The Black Forest at the end of a game at HP recently.
I always think of Argyle immediately I hear Dreamer by Supertramp. I am transported to January 1975 and the Everton FA Cup game as soon as I hear that distinctive intro.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
little old wine drinker,,,, back in the day, apparently requested by sir tommy if my memory is correct,,

May 16, 2016
Crowded House- Weather with you, because we always seemed to win if I heard it before a Game during the Shilton era.

Anything by Showaddywaddy or the Rubettes is cool too.

Aug 22, 2006
Guiri Green":3bbo4wd3 said:
Crowded House- Weather with you, because we always seemed to win if I heard it before a Game during the Shilton era.

Anything by Showaddywaddy or the Rubettes is cool too.

Funny you should mention Crowded House. The first ever match I attended was Crystal Palace 1-0 Liverpool in the 1992-92 season. Every time I hear Weather With You it takes me back to that game because they played it at half time. I went as a neutral, although leaning towards the underdogs as they were a team local to me, along with a Liverpool supporter and his family, but sat in the Palace end. They were very confident of a thrashing pre-match. Pretty red-faced come the full time whistle.

Oct 31, 2015
I always liked nights of Cydonia by the Muse. Proper raucous track to get the blood pumping.

What was the lift music that used to play when we were leaving the ground in the 80s?
:scarf:

Jan 20, 2004
Bee Bumble and the Stingers - Nut Rocker

1974 (can't remember the game) Demport End converted it to "We are the mighty! The mighty Argyle ! "