Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

Jan 9, 2020
Word up here is that Danny Mayor may be with us before January ends. Numerous credible people connected to the Tranmere have reported this.

Perhaps homesick?

How has he done for you lot?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
There was chatter on a Tranmere fans forum yesterday that Mayor could move to Tranmere.
He was linked to a move to Tranmere in the summer before he signed for us ... Link

When compared to what he achieved last season then Mayor has struggled this season but has still done a good enough job for us, it's just that we are waiting and waiting for him to explode from being a good player to the best player in League Two, which is how Lowe described him when he signed Mayor in the summer.

Did the idea of following Lowe to Plymouth and the prospect of a very good wage outweigh the chance of staying up north?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I really hate to say it but I donā€™t think we will be worse off without him based on whats@ Iā€™ve seen so far

Nov 2, 2004
He would be a huge loss.It is a worry that he may be home sick, I think this has happened to him once before. Fingers crossed.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'd be gutted. Even though he hasn't hit the heights he did for Bury, he's still been very good, and still has a lot more to give.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Whereā€™s the link to this forum? The only chat I can see on their forum about Mayor is from last summer. Tranmere, unlike Blackpool is not a bigger club than Argyle and they are highly likely to be back in L2 next season

Sep 2, 2008
If he is wanting away then there will be no stopping him. Lowe only wants players that want to be here. I'm guessing it will be on loan initially as I can't imagine Trannies will want to pay a fee especially when his contract is up at the end of the season. The reason for leaving probably wont be sold as homesickness either. I'm thinking, 'Danny wants to be playing at a higher level' etc, etc.

Jan 9, 2020
Devongreenowl":4e28s73j said:
Whereā€™s the link to this forum? The only chat I can see on their forum about Mayor is from last summer. Tranmere, unlike Blackpool is not a bigger club than Argyle and they are highly likely to be back in L2 next season

I wouldn't say highly likely, we're still a big club. Problem is we have two heavyweights on our doorstep!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Devongreenowl":2eacr2m9 said:

Yer tis

https://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boar ... 0,16696924

Tranmereinsider
09 January, 2020 15:29
Hearing Rovers are looking to bring in a player pre Southend, possibly a winger. Names include Ginnelly (loan), Mayor (homesick) and Gary Roberts.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Lets not get carried away, this is half a rumour from another message board. Just look at all the crap we come up with for god sake.

For what its worth, Mayor would be a huge loss. His link between defense and attackers is a massive part of our team, its not his fault the strikers are donkeys and can't hit the target.

Oct 10, 2012
Devongreenowl":18zkddq6 said:

I highly doubt you will find many lower league footballers who care about the size of the club they play/sign for.

Iā€™d imagine money is their number one priority followed by being as close to home as possible.

Mayor is undoubtedly a good player, he may not have hit expectations here but he would most definitely be a loss IMO.

Jun 27, 2019
For those who don't think Mayor would be a big loss, just imagine Conor Grant trying to pull the creative strings in midfield.

Mayor may not have hit the heights we were expecting in terms of goals and assists, but he's worth his weight in gold when it comes to link-up play and getting us up the pitch. He would be a significant loss.

Tranmere would be a step down, but if he's homesick then get him on the first train out of Plymouth. We only want players who are 100% committed to the cause.

Mar 21, 2008
The trouble with our fans perception of Danny Mayor is, I feel, due to the hype that was created when he joined.

If he just joined as a new signing that we didnā€™t know much about Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™d struggle to find any Argyle find that doesnā€™t think heā€™s one of, if not our best midfielder, but when he comes in being tauted as the best player in league 2, and better than Carey and Lameiras put together than inevitably thereā€™s a level of hype generated that he was ultimately never going to be able to live up to.

Thatā€™s made worse by being in a team which has such poor strikers to provide service too, heā€™s basically having to take the ball from deep, carry it forward and try and score all by himself.

Feb 23, 2008
Pottypilgrim":1185gmed said:
If he is wanting away then there will be no stopping him. Lowe only wants players that want to be here. I'm guessing it will be on loan initially as I can't imagine Trannies will want to pay a fee especially when his contract is up at the end of the season. The reason for leaving probably wont be sold as homesickness either. I'm thinking, 'Danny wants to be playing at a higher level' etc, etc.

Wait, what? We signed our star player, better than Carey or Lameiras, on a one year contract?