Thank you Exeter City | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you Exeter City

Sep 30, 2018
As a fan of argyle of almost 20 years, I still thank those excretians or whatever the hell they're called (I don't really care) every time they do it because they've done it again. I don't need to spout out statistics at you lot, but I'm delighted that our form has dramatically improved .....and only since it's been proven to do so since them beating us. I was definitely not convinced by Ryan Lowes' motivation, beforehand as he proved he had none which is understandable , and no pointless unproven optimism of our style of play or stupid mindless feeling of improvement in time appeased me whatsoever, like some easily pleased fans.

I certainly know you don't need watch argyle that often or be a clever dick to work out that looking at argyles results at the start of the season compared to where the manager was with his bury team least season, showed what I stick by of what I've said in previous posts about his and our lack of motivation and drastic need for change of manager at the end of the season with out this improvement, because you sneaky fans like to always pull up previous posts, or go on about being an armchair fan, or the same cliches about time, but that's all rubbish ofcourse.

And then there's those fans who hate to notice exeter and say focus on us.... failing to recognise that without that 4-0 loss, and Ryan loses humiliation, we wouldn't be chasing our target and that's to get to 2nd or even first place leapfrogging those annoying neighbours and getting promoted. So thank you Exeter and now I can say thank you Ryan Lowe. We missed you, now keep it up. Because of that motivation we're now focused and playing absolutely brilliantly all round, so well done lads.

Sep 30, 2018
Herts_Green":3vps0crk said:

Trying to be clever are you. I can repeat it for you if you like. Unless you have an actual question. Thems just the facts, my friend. Or maybe you could acknowledge some of it instead.

I visit Sid James two or three times a season to help an elderly neighbour supporter. It’s actually an enjoyable visit because there’s no angst, as I don’t give a stuff who wins, although I naturally prefer an away win. Saw them play Cambridge yesterday. The visitors should have been two up by half time, City were so bad. However they are clinical finishers, so won despite poor possession.
Back to the OP, I would think RL and this team is already sufficiently motivated to not need a 4-0 thumping to wake up. Their fans around me told me yesterday that Cambridge’s 4-0 win over City was just a bad day at the office, which will happen once every season, and I put our loss in the same category.

One interesting fact. City apparently have £1.7 million in the bank, mainly from academy sales. Proves the benefit if you get that side right.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I disagree. We went into that game unbeaten in 6 with 3 wins and 2 draws in the league and a win against Swindon in the Leasing.com cup.
Exeter was just a bad day at the office. We hadn't played that badly before and haven't since.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Keepitgreen":1rmyjv4e said:
I disagree. We went into that game unbeaten in 6 with 3 wins and 2 draws in the league and a win against Swindon in the Leasing.com cup.
Exeter was just a bad day at the office. We hadn't played that badly before and haven't since.

Totally agree. That game against Exeter was a complete different performance for 6-8 games before
And certainly all the games since. I’d fancy if we were to play them again tomorrow the result would be completely different.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I might thank them when they have their customary second half of the season meltdown, letting us in for one of the automatic promotion places. Not thanking them for anything else, unless we ever poach a good player from them.

Devongreenowl":11myylak said:
I might thank them when they have their customary second half of the season meltdown, letting us in for one of the automatic promotion places. Not thanking them for anything else, unless we ever poach a good player from them.

It pains me to say it, but I don’t think they will have a second half collapse. Winning when you play badly is the sign of a team that will come out on top.

Jan 6, 2007
Top6utd":1c53kiu7 said:
As a fan of argyle of almost 20 years, I still thank those excretians or whatever the hell they're called (I don't really care) every time they do it because they've done it again. I don't need to spout out statistics at you lot, but I'm delighted that our form has dramatically improved .....and only since it's been proven to do so since them beating us. I was definitely not convinced by Ryan Lowes' motivation, beforehand as he proved he had none which is understandable , and no pointless unproven optimism of our style of play or stupid mindless feeling of improvement in time appeased me whatsoever, like some easily pleased fans.

I certainly know you don't need watch argyle that often or be a clever dick to work out that looking at argyles results at the start of the season compared to where the manager was with his bury team least season, showed what I stick by of what I've said in previous posts about his and our lack of motivation and drastic need for change of manager at the end of the season with out this improvement, because you sneaky fans like to always pull up previous posts, or go on about being an armchair fan, or the same cliches about time, but that's all rubbish ofcourse.

And then there's those fans who hate to notice exeter and say focus on us.... failing to recognise that without that 4-0 loss, and Ryan loses humiliation, we wouldn't be chasing our target and that's to get to 2nd or even first place leapfrogging those annoying neighbours and getting promoted. So thank you Exeter and now I can say thank you Ryan Lowe. We missed you, now keep it up. Because of that motivation we're now focused and playing absolutely brilliantly all round, so well done lads.
Well that was a load of drivel
As far as Top6utd is concerned, they might scrape 6th but I think you're being optimistic lol

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Devongreenowl":3jta9s14 said:

This.

May they have moderate success, slip down the table into a playoff position (leaving a top 3 spot for us) and then duly exit stage left - as has become the tradition.

With regards their success developing academy players I think we are ell on the way to catching them - but be big enough to retain them for longer.

COYG

:scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
mervyn":38xbe7e9 said:
Devongreenowl":38xbe7e9 said:

It pains me to say it, but I don’t think they will have a second half collapse. Winning when you play badly is the sign of a team that will come out on top.

Time will tell. Don’t think they have a strong squad, that’s why they usually fall away to a degree. No question though, their manager has done very well so far.

Crikey, praising anything to do with the Urns! Not on at all.
I will redress the balance. We took three times the support up to Carlisle than they did despite their VASTLY shorter journey :whistle:

Apr 5, 2008
Top6utd":19pekv7r said:

Your talking rubbish.Our form had been pretty good before we lost to Exeter,and what do you mean Ryan Lowe had no motivation before the Exeter match,as I said you are talking garbage,worthless,drivel :facepalm:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Is he saying Ryan Lowe lacked motivation at the beginning of the season? I can’t really make sense of that very long bit in the middle. Ryan Lowe brought huge optimism to this club and when it didn’t immediately bear fruit, there were the usual moaners who are by and large being quiet for the time being.

He has been a breath of fresh air from day one and despite being very much an attack minded manager, he and his staff have sorted out the diabolical defence which he inherited. He’s now working on the strikers and early signs are really good. Jephcott and Hardie could be our own Doyle and Yates, who knows. It’s early days but all Argyle fans have every reason to be optimistic.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We were playing some very good football prior to that game, it was simply a bad day at the office and it could have come against anyone, we responded well to it, but I don’t buy into the idea that being beaten in the Devon Derby has been some sort of turning point, we were on the right track anyway.