Ryan Lowe’s contract | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe’s contract

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
After getting bury promoted last season and hopefully doing the same with us this season, bigger clubs are obviously well aware of our great manager. Just wandering how long we have him signed up for and wondering if it’s time to renew his contract ? He has us playing great football, a winning side, and also conducts himself in a great manner. How long until a championship side come knocking ? :thumbs:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Ipplepen green":l6m5mz4m said:
After getting bury promoted last season and hopefully doing the same with us this season, bigger clubs are obviously well aware of our great manager. Just wandering how long we have him signed up for and wondering if it’s time to renew his contract ? He has us playing great football, a winning side, and also conducts himself in a great manner. How long until a championship side come knocking ? :thumbs:
I don't remember it being disclosed.

Jul 12, 2016
Steve Evans":1oh7ulch said:
Ipplepen green":1oh7ulch said:
A little premature .Only just over 1/2 season gone.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
End of season discussions

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
oldage":31ntagjn said:
Steve Evans":31ntagjn said:
Ipplepen green":31ntagjn said:
A little premature .Only just over 1/2 season gone.

Indeed. The directors got a bit carried away with the previous incumbent and signed him up to a long contract. How did that work out?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
It’s looking good but shall we see if he can actually get us promoted before worrying about this. There’s nothing that impressive about our current league standing to get clubs higher up excited enough to shell out comp for him.

Oct 31, 2015
GreenRich":kiuv7llh said:
Sure I saw somewhere it was 3 years.

Yea it was. He talked about it in one of his early interviiews because of the statement of intent from the club to sign him for 3 years.

A new contract won't stop him going if he wants to.

Let's not get carried away, keep focus and concentrate on getting to L1. We haven't achieved anything yet and I'm sure RL knows this.

What we must, or the board must do is keep a shortlist of 3/4 managers who share some footballing values with RL and could carry on the brand of football we have started to play this year if Lowe is tempted by away in the next 12/18 months. They should be doing this every 2/3 months.

Mar 23, 2008
I'm sure i heard it was 3 years. I think, unless he is a very astute salesman, that he really likes it here and sees the potential of the crowds and enjoys the set up and his relationship with Simon Hallett and everyone else at the club. Put simply, we are a good stable club now, on the up with a new stand and momentum. My point it, i was worried he would be keen to get back 'up north' ASAP but now i'm not convinced, it think it would take a serious offer to tempt him away. The other factor is the average shelf life of a manager in the championship which is not very much and let's be frank if it's a vacant job in the majority of cases it would be a club struggling who have sacked a manager and maybe in danger of dropping to league 1, where we hope to be next season in any case!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ipplepen green":3co3lb7v said:
He is doing a good job so far but it's best to leave this sort of talk until the end of the season (should we be promoted)

I was guilty of getting carried away halfway through Adams' first season!

Mar 21, 2006
Deacster":ufeipjdt said:
I'm sure i heard it was 3 years. I think, unless he is a very astute salesman, that he really likes it here and sees the potential of the crowds and enjoys the set up and his relationship with Simon Hallett and everyone else at the club. Put simply, we are a good stable club now, on the up with a new stand and momentum. My point it, i was worried he would be keen to get back 'up north' ASAP but now i'm not convinced, it think it would take a serious offer to tempt him away. The other factor is the average shelf life of a manager in the championship which is not very much and let's be frank if it's a vacant job in the majority of cases it would be a club struggling who have sacked a manager and maybe in danger of dropping to league 1, where we hope to be next season in any case!

He also said recently that he and his missus were house hunting with a view to his family moving down here to live after Xmas - that doesn't smack of someone who'd take the first offer to move back North!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s perfect for Argyle and Argyle are perfect for him.

Timing couldn’t be better as a partnership.

Enjoy the ride :scarf: