Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield - the build up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Mansfield Town
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter

The Countdown to Mansfield

Tuesday

Former Argyle defender Graham Coughlan left Bristol Rovers in December to take over at Mansfield and has had mixed results - winning one game, drawing two and losing three.
The Stags lost 4-3 to Forest Green Rovers on Saturday with the winner coming in the 96th minute, after the game Coughlan said ...
“I am crestfallen, I am heart-broken and I am really, really annoyed. That was a hammer blow today and we are at rock bottom. Sometimes in football you have to hit rock bottom to bounce back and that for me today was rock bottom.
“I feel for the fans as they have probably had to watch this all season and I can only imagine what they're going through.
“At times like this you have to stick together as one and we will enjoy the success when it comes as we've had to scrape ourselves off the ground from rock bottom."
Mansfield have won just one game from the last 12 and currently sit in 18th place in League Two on 27 points.

Mansfield fans have been initially allocated 300 tickets for Saturday's game.

Experienced referee Trevor Kettle is the man in the middle for this game, so far this season he has issued 77 yellow cards and seven reds in 20 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in January last season for the 2-1 win against Coventry City at Home Park.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Steven Plane and Rob Dabbs while the fourth official is Savvas Yianni.

Mansfield have played at Home Park 18 times; winning one game, drawing three and losing 14. The only win for the Stags was back in 1978.
The last five games against Mansfield (home and away) have all been Argyle wins.

Graham Coughlan looks ahead to the game ...

Coughlan's pre-match press conference .... MT club website

Wednesday

Sky Bet have placed Argyle as clear favourites to win the game with odds of 19/20, a Mansfield win is ranked at 13/5 and the draw is at 12/5.

Mansfield manager Graham Coughlan criticises captain Krystian Pearce and tells him he can leave the club .... The Chad
“Me being me and being a previous captain, I know how to lead a group of men and I don't think these have been led.
“I was looking for the leadership. I told him I thought the club was lacking a bit of leadership and direction on the park."
Fans match preview .StagsNet

Thursday

Match Sponsors

Mansfield 0 - 1 Argyle match highlights earlier this season .... You Tube

Graham Coughlan would like his first clean sheet on Saturday ... The Chad
“I would like to start from a solid base and start keeping clean sheets and that might give us a foundation to move this club forward.
“A clean sheet on Saturday would be a start. I got a really positive reaction on the training ground on Monday. But that's no good if you don't produce on a Saturday.”

Match preview ... MT club website

Friday

Matchday Mascots

Mansfield's season so far .... club website

Ryan Lowe talks about Graham Coughlan ... club website
“Graham’s a good bloke, a good manager and did an outstanding job for this club as a player. We’ve got huge respect for each other but we’re locking horns against each other on Saturday."

The matchday Fan Zone is open tomorrow.

Saturday

Graham Coughlan talks about returning to Plymouth ... The Chad
“It was five years of success on and off the park down there for me – anything we touched turned to gold. It was brilliant.
“My time at Argyle was unbelievable and probably up there with the best periods of my career and best times of my life."
Owen Masters is today's special guest ... club website

Mansfield stats ... club website

All about the Stags

The half time guest is former Argyle winger Aiden Maher.

Sep 25, 2010
As a big supporter of referees, as people know.

We have Trevor Kettle on Saturday, be prepared for the absolute bizarre, his track record, is plenty of yellows and red, penalties. Etc.

Not one of the best refs.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Another interesting one from his press conference this morning.
49384152488_67c7e6e5e5.jpg

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Martyn":2j9pmsc1 said:

We have Trevor Kettle on Saturday, be prepared for the absolute bizarre, his track record, is plenty of yellows and red, penalties. Etc.

Will he get a 10, regardless of performance, Martyn?

Sep 25, 2010
davie nine":1arr12nc said:
Martyn":1arr12nc said:

j

I have always said, the score is totally irrelevant, it couldn’t care a flying fig, doesn’t matter whether a refs gets 0 or 1,000,000.

It is only a mark, from spectators.

What I care about is the decisions they make.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Martyn":2wp50w73 said:
davie nine":2wp50w73 said:
Martyn":2wp50w73 said:

j

I have always said, the score is totally irrelevant, it couldn’t care a flying fig, doesn’t matter whether a refs gets 0 or 1,000,000.

Or equally the decisions they fail to make.

Sep 25, 2010
justanotherfan":1b1tm0ua said:
Martyn":1b1tm0ua said:
davie nine":1b1tm0ua said:
Martyn":1b1tm0ua said:

j

Exactly

Martyn":1pydrl54 said:
justanotherfan":1pydrl54 said:
davie nine":1pydrl54 said:

j

Exactly

Like many Argyle fans, particularly those based outside the region, I try to watch as many other games as I can each season. It’s a funny thing, I can rarely understand why other home fans get so upset with refereeing decisions, which always seem pretty fair to me. However back at HP I can get equally furious. Wonder why!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
justanotherfan":3d27dwee said:
Martyn":3d27dwee said:
davie nine":3d27dwee said:
Martyn":3d27dwee said:

j

His most notorious decision was in a game between Wimbledon and Accrington. 0-0, almost half-time, Accrington player shoots from about 10 yards and Kettle manages to blow for half-time while the ball is in transit to the back of the net.
I seem to recall a similar decision involving Clive (“I’m the main man”) Thomas in an international match.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
"His most notorious decision was in a game between Wimbledon and Accrington. 0-0, almost half-time, Accrington player shoots from about 10 yards and Kettle manages to blow for half-time while the ball is in transit to the back of the net.
I seem to recall a similar decision involving Clive (“I’m the main man”) Thomas in an international match"

Brazil v Sweden, Zico "scored" or was in the process of scoring !