Cashless stadium | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cashless stadium

Jan 6, 2004
Credit to the club where due - this is a good plan. Transaction time should reduce considerably when they are not having to count out change.

Anticipating the moans of the small minority who don’t have cards (if they exist) suggest the club sell a card that can be loaded with credit at the ticket office in exchange for cash

Jul 14, 2008
I hardly ever carry cash anymore, it’s pointless. Agree that this is a good idea and it should cut queuing times - just as long as people use contactless that is.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just the grandstand this Saturday:

The food and beverage outlets outside the Mayflower stand, in the fan zone area, will continue to accept cash, as well as the rest of the stadium, although it is the club’s intention, all being well, to move all amenities inside Home Park to a cashless system.

Cashless Plan

Jun 27, 2019
Some bright spark on Facebook claims this is basically extortion by Argyle because fans will lose track of how much they're spending on card. Lol.

Jul 3, 2013
Won’t be long before everything goes this way along with digital/crypto currency, is it Sweden that is almost cashless.

May 5, 2006
It would be good if this could be extended to cover a few turnstiles for pay on the day, rather than have to queue at ticket office first and then queue to get in.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good decision

Hopefully tamar bridge follow suit

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
bristolmac":2kdcw12x said:
It would be good if this could be extended to cover a few turnstiles for pay on the day, rather than have to queue at ticket office first and then queue to get in.

Technically easy but not so logistically. Seat allocation being the problem. Of course the club could go unallocated seating but that reduces the permissible capacity by 20% for any section it is in use.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Recon they will lose a lot of revenue doing this. Does anyone know what the average age of our fans are ? sitting in the Lyndy it must be early 60s, a lot of this age group use cash, feel a Pol coming on

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pearces greens":1hyba2bl said:
Recon they will lose a lot of revenue doing this. Does anyone know what the average age of our fans are ? sitting in the Lyndy it must be early 60s, a lot of this age group use cash, feel a Pol coming on

Can we have a 'ponds, shillings and pence' option?? (Ah the old one pond newt!! ;) )
Don't know why you think over 60's can't/won't use contactless! I work for a well known retailer and that is not my experience!! Mind you, before Xmas I had to pay for a young lad on the PA3 bus from the George as he had no cash on him ... at all!! :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well they’d gain revenue from me. It’s an utterly ridiculous situation when you want a drink, can afford it, but can’t buy it because you don’t happen to have the right cash.

I don’t really understand why anyone more than a tiny, tiny minority (or Americans) would have a problem. I don’t think it’s possible to not have a contactless card now, as they’ve been issued as standard for a few years.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Would affect under 16's who maybe don't have current accounts with debit cards. I'm buggered if i'm letting the Junior General have my debit card for his pre-match purchases. :funny:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Stiffler":2k2vnlmz said:
Won’t be long before everything goes this way along with digital/crypto currency, is it Sweden that is almost cashless.

It is. Everywhere here takes card or mobile payments, and a lot of places specifically don't take cash. Not even sure what the coins and notes look like and I've been here nearly two years.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Business's just love credit and debit cards, because it saves them having to deal with cash in the tills and all the security that goes with it.....Even my local LIDL now has installed four card machines as opposed to one cash machine at the self service check out.Also.and more importantly,the consumer only has to press 4 digits ,or even just swipe your card and voila the transaction is done .....painless.....whereas if you had to pay in notes you would realise how much you were paying and maybe you would think twice....and business's don't want the consumer to think like that.....just pay up and look smart. such is the way nowadays....