Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 19 January | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 19 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Ryan Lowe spoke about the win against Mansfield ... club website
“I didn’t enjoy the first 30 minutes or so, especially the first 15, and then we sort of got a foothold..They have got one of the best strike-forces in the league, all quality players.
“When we get the ball down and play the patterns of play, we’re a good team, and we showed that in the second half. Mansfield will probably feel hard done by that they haven’t gone in two or three goals up at half-time but I’ve been in that same situation as well, when we couldn’t hit a barn door.”

Comments from Mansfield fans ...
On coach on way home. Should not have lost that game. Should have been three up. Poor finishing again, pressed for thirty minutes then slowed off. Players worked hard and closed Argyle out. One of their players went down for a time out and they changed formation. Poor first goal set piece, penalty by Preston again for second, third scored whilst chasing. A better performance, Two Argyle fans at the end said we should have won this game. Much better from the Stags, Lovely ground at Plymouth, nice people just another points lost game. Argyle didn't win that game we lost it.
Sitting at Plymouth station and four different Plymouth fans(not all at once) have come up to me since the game and said we deserved a win or at least a draw.
We didn’t deserve to lose. A draw would have been fair as a minimum.
Getting even a draw a Plymouth would have been a great result, not too surprised we didn't get a anything. We desperately need a win so onto next week against Bradford. Sod all the criticism and slating and make Field Mill a fortress next week and help the lads get a result, we definitely need one more than ever.

A 60 second recap of the Mansfield game ....
Twitter video

Mansfield match highlights ... You Tube

Alternative commentary .... Twitter video beware of bad language.

Young defender Ryan Law has extended his loan at Truro City until the end of the season while Tom Purrington will be at Dorchester Town for a further 28 days.

Ryan Lowe talks about the performance of George Cooper against Mansfield ...
“He is playing in a false position, he’s not a wing-back but he’s doing ever so well for us and we appreciate that.
“He was a little bit tired toward the end and the last time we played against Mansfield, George ended up with a broken face and he’s been terrific for us.
“He’s got that quality where he can put the ball in and he’s certainly doing that.”

George Cooper talks about playing as a wing-back ...
“The way we play, you do have to defend, but we’re always on the attack and I don’t mind playing there because I can get 1 v 1 and get crosses into the box and hopefully create chances.
“For the last year and a half, I haven’t really played – I’ve probably started 15 games. When I had the chance to come here, I thought ‘it’s an unbelievable chance’. Now, I feel great. I’m loving it.
“I played a few games when I first came. Then I had a few weeks off, didn’t really play, but the gaffer told me why and I just had to wait for my chance again. Now, I have just got to keep my shirt.
“In training, it’s competitive. If you don’t train well, you won’t play on the Saturday.”

In the club shop ...

Team of the Day ...