Myth that lower prices raise attendances | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Myth that lower prices raise attendances

Jan 6, 2004
Must surely now be put to bed by the fact so few choose to sit in the lower tier of the grandstand at £15 a ticket even when the weather forecast is dry

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Most of us have our favourite place to stand, oops, sit and I haven't even considered moving, maybe others are the same. Perhaps with time some will change or the price will attract new members of the GA?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Although not full it looked well occupied to me, plus the fact the whole attendance of HP was our fourth biggest of the season and well above our average attendance.
If it wasn't for the £15 offer (or £11.50 with a season ticket) for the lower Mayflower the whole attendance might have been a lot less.

May 16, 2016
Might be something to do with the 5000 ish people that turned up for Swindon but decided to give Mansfield a miss.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Guiri Green":kengfreg said:
Might be something to do with the 5000 ish people that turned up for Swindon but decided to give Mansfield a miss.

I reckon a lot of people from the dispersed Argyle family picked the Swindon game a) because it was the opening of the stand and b) exiles were home to see families so could take in a game. We went to it and I met another lad from Gloucestershire there, and one home from Moscow. If you can only manage a handful of home games a season, that’s one you’d choose. Not sure there were 5000 sitting around the City who went to Swindon but not to Mansfield.

Aug 4, 2011
Still a faff that you have to que up at the ticket office (the que for pre booked was actually longer than the POTD) in a merged que to begin with and then again to get through the turnstiles. Surely there is a better way to accommodate the floating POTD customer?

Having said that, the “fanzone” behind the refurbished stand, leg room and view from lower mayflower and the green taverners suite were all fantastic.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
My view entirely but I think £12 is a brilliant price for a side view seat!! Especially with the entertaining football on show...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
My understanding is that the Bradford thing is a bit of a disaster.

In an ideal world, they'd have had their 18-20k League 1 crowds propelling them to promotion into the Championship. Now they've been relegated to League 2 and getting 14k crowds, and can't put the prices UP in a lower league.

Our 10.5k crowds are making much more money than their 14k, that's for sure.

Jan 6, 2004
Bradford don’t actually get 14000 attendances most of the time - season tickets are so cheap that most people who are vaguely interested buy one and then pick and choose their matches - they are however counted as present at every game - I doubt their actual attendances are much higher than ours

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Green_Flash":2jr5zook said:
Bradford don’t actually get 14000 attendances most of the time - season tickets are so cheap that most people who are vaguely interested buy one and then pick and choose their matches - they are however counted as present at every game - I doubt their actual attendances are much higher than ours

That's interesting, is that definitely true?