Mansfield’s goal | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mansfield’s goal

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am sure Alex Palmer will be happy for it to be credited to Andy Cook but it would not have gone in if it had not rebounded off Palmer’s Head.
I am sure I have seen similar incidents on TV where it was recorded as an own goal.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Cobi Budge":2yijv3n4 said:
I thought it may have bounced down over the line before hitting Palmer’s head.

Agreed. Unsure whether 100% of the ball crossed 100% of the line, but why worry.

Mansfield's Cook would want the goal, and Palmer wouldn't.

Move on - nothing to see here!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Didn’t look to me like any of the ball had crossed any of the line until it hit Palmer. (You tube footage). Mind you, as already been said, don’t think Palmer will mind Cooke being credited with the goal somehow!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Not a problem. I just thought that, at least in the Premier League, there was a panel that decided on contentious goals and didn't know if the same applied in EFL.
I know Tommy Tynan would have claimed it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":82e83sq5 said:
Not a problem. I just thought that, at least in the Premier League, there was a panel that decided on contentious goals and didn't know if the same applied in EFL.
I know Tommy Tynan would have claimed it.

I have often thought, does it really matter if the striker gets credited with the goal but then it was pointed out to me that there is a massive betting market out there for naming goalscorers.