Cocko at the end of the Game ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cocko at the end of the Game ?

May 16, 2016
Watching the extended Ifollow Highlights on my phone, I noticed that at the end of the game, Cocko refused to shake someone's hand. He pointed to the Pitch and said something to the Guy.

Any idea what that was about ? There wasn't any major incident that I can recall.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
From manager of a L1 club who were doing quite well, he’s taken a big chance because if he ends up struggling with Mansfield and ultimately losing his job, where does he go then? His career ambition must be to manage Wednesday I would have thought, but that won’t happen unless he takes a team through L1.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Devongreenowl":2p3cald5 said:
From manager of a L1 club who were doing quite well, he’s taken a big chance because if he ends up struggling with Mansfield and ultimately losing his job, where does he go then? His career ambition must be to manage Wednesday I would have thought, but that won’t happen unless he takes a team through L1.
Career ambition to manage Wednesday ??? :lol: ......... you're such a wag :lol:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
It was the 4th official but it did look a bit petulant

Jun 27, 2019
I lost count of the number of times he turned away and shook his head when his players did something useless.

He looked like a man who knows he's got a big job on his hands.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":3ca6hday said:
I lost count of the number of times he turned away and shook his head when his players did something useless.

So, how many of their chances would Cocko, in his prime, a centre-half, have finished? :shock:

Jun 27, 2019
Pogleswoody":io72to47 said:
WoodsyGreen":io72to47 said:

So, how many of their chances would Cocko, in his prime, a centre-half, have finished? :shock:

His dog would have finished some of them, and he's a former keeper well past his best.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ave_IT":9llgno4e said:
Devongreenowl":9llgno4e said:
Career ambition to manage Wednesday ??? :lol: ......... you're such a wag :lol:

Still lives there ave it, but let’s face it, he’s unlikely to do that well. Mind you, the way Monk is performing, he won’t last long. Coughlan, Lowe both ex-Wednesday players the Owls would be interested in if they make progress in the lower leagues. Reality of life in the bottom two divisions. Mind you, before you kindly remind me, Wednesday might drop down themselves if we get a massive points deduction this season :tumbleweed:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":3qs1e8y2 said:

His body language and poor press comments make him look as if not only has he made a mistake, but so have Mansfield. He needs to be more positive, rather than constantly questioning the players desire. He’s only just gone there and he sounds thoroughly demoralised. Imagine how much the players must dread training compared say, with the happy camp at Argyle.

May 16, 2016
Penlee":30cfb681 said:
It was the 4th official but it did look a bit petulant

Thanks. It looked like there was 'something' regarding the Guy in question. I'll have another look. I thought it was one of our Staff Members.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":2idvq07q said:
WoodsyGreen":2idvq07q said:

His body language and poor press comments make him look as if not only has he made a mistake, but so have Mansfield. He needs to be more positive, rather than constantly questioning the players desire. He’s only just gone there and he sounds thoroughly demoralised. Imagine how much the players must dread training compared say, with the happy camp at Argyle.

When I mentioned that, before the game, I was told that Coughlan was playing mind games with us. Apparently not!

May 7, 2019
I was very impressed with Cocko's post-match interview. He could have easily gone down the DA route and said that Mansfield absolutely battered Argyle and deserved to win blah blah, but he was more interested in Mansfield's deficiencies and areas that desperately need improvement such as decision-making, defending and fitness. Cocko certainly doesn't mince his words and I think he will be a terrific manager at Mansfield once he sorts out a few things and has a decent transfer window in the Summer. Mansfield's struggles this season have certainly helped Argyle in their promotion push as most people would have had Mansfield in the top 3 or top 7 of their forecasted tables.

Given Cocko's love of Argyle and his history with the club, I would certainly support his appointment as Argyle manager in the future when RL's tenure comes to an end (for whatever reason!). Right now however, we have the right man for the job. :scarf: