Ryan Lowe Song | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe Song

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Is it time for Ryan Lowe to do a Jurgen Klopp and ask the Argyle supporters not to sing his name during games?

I love Lowe to bits but have mentioned before that I feel it’s embarrassing that his name is sung throughout most games, to the almost total exclusion of players names, other than the even more embarrassing Wootton ‘song’.

Klopp set out his wishes some time ago that Liverpool supporters should only sing player’s names during games and reserve any chanting of his own name until after the final whistle. Seems typically modest of the great man. Is it time for Lowe to follow suit? After all, he already copies Klopp’s post match celebrations.

What do PASOTI think?

Aug 4, 2011
There aren't really many individual player songs, not any unique or good ones anyway.

With the GT's suite now functional, surely Dave and Rick can get some idea's in place, after all that is where most of Liverpool's stem from, they have a supporters bar where the official singers started the very catchy Virgil Van Dyke song.

There was a small rendition of "Super, Super Danny Mayor" on Saturday but didn't really take off. Surely Rick and Dave could adapt the Housemartin's Caravan of love for Niall Canavan? :lol:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":171jqb3w said:
Is it time for Ryan Lowe to do a Jurgen Klopp and ask the Argyle supporters not to sing his name during games?

I love Lowe to bits but have mentioned before that I feel it’s embarrassing that his name is sung throughout most games, to the almost total exclusion of players names, other than the even more embarrassing Wootton ‘song’.

Klopp set out his wishes some time ago that Liverpool supporters should only sing player’s names during games and reserve any chanting of his own name until after the final whistle. Seems typically modest of the great man. Is it time for Lowe to follow suit? After all, he already copies Klopp’s post match celebrations.

What do PASOTI think?

I agree entirely.

It's a dreadful "song" anyway.

May 28, 2015
football-bet-data":3oygz6x5 said:
There aren't really many individual player songs, not any unique or good ones anyway.

With the GT's suite now functional, surely Dave and Rick can get some idea's in place, after all that is where most of Liverpool's stem from, they have a supporters bar where the official singers started the very catchy Virgil Van Dyke song.

There was a small rendition of "Super, Super Danny Mayor" on Saturday but didn't really take off. Surely Rick and Dave could adapt the Housemartin's Caravan of love for Niall Canavan? :lol:

I have always thought the housemartins would suit canavan perfectly. Every woman every man niall canavan :funny:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't see an issue myself. I think his name is simply sung a lot because he's done such a good job in reinvigorating things, bringing attractive football back to Home Park and getting the fans onside with his positivity and energy.

Aug 18, 2010
PL2
We’re quick to air when we think he’s done something wrong so I don’t see an issue with singing his name when it’s going well.

Same applies to the players.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Noo….don’t agree at all.

It’s getting all a bit silly, over-prescriptive and controlling to say this or that song doesn’t meet the required threshold of what some deem “embarrassing”. Are we going to have a panel to decide what is and isn’t “embarrassing”? :facepalm: ......The Lowe song is catchy and takes off easily in the stadium and keeps going so what’s the harm? Better that than sitting quietly or starting some ‘acceptable’ chant that dies away before it’s barely started …and the Wooton song makes me smile and is quite original (I’m sure someone will say it’s not original – what is? - but I hadn’t heard anything similar before). As I remember it Klopp asked fans to stop singing his name because it seemed to bring bad luck – every time the Kop started singing his name Liverpool appeared to give away a goal.

Jul 14, 2008
Singing his name reflects on the performance of the whole team, not just Lowe himself. I’m sure the players understand that and don’t mind.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Bit overdone when you get it five times in one match (I counted them!), but it's a catchy tune that a lot of the GA join in with. Better that than uneasy silence I suppose. No other songs ramp it up except G&W Barmy Army.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ave_IT":2kfbe6h0 said:
Noo….don’t agree at all.

It’s getting all a bit silly, over-prescriptive and controlling to say this or that song doesn’t meet the required threshold of what some deem “embarrassing”. Are we going to have a panel to decide what is and isn’t “embarrassing”? :facepalm: ......The Lowe song is catchy and takes off easily in the stadium and keeps going so what’s the harm? Better that than sitting quietly or starting some ‘acceptable’ chant that dies away before it’s barely started …and the Wooton song makes me smile and is quite original (I’m sure someone will say it’s not original – what is? - but I hadn’t heard anything similar before). As I remember it Klopp asked fans to stop singing his name because it seemed to bring bad luck – every time the Kop started singing his name Liverpool appeared to give away a goal.

Klopp has repeated it again in this morning’s Times. Like I said, I love what Lowe is doing but I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such a dearth of songs for actual players at many other grounds, or in the past at HP. I reckon it must grate on the players a bit. Must admit, I didn’t hear the Danny Mayor song. Can’t have been sung very loud!! :whistle:

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":27s6u9yl said:
I don't see an issue myself. I think his name is simply sung a lot because he's done such a good job in reinvigorating things, bringing attractive football back to Home Park and getting the fans onside with his positivity and energy.

The issue is not getting behind the individual players obviously. I agree with Owl for once and was thinking of starting a similar thread. Singing an individual's name must give them such a lift especially new players. Let them feel the love. Dont see the point of continually singing Lowe's name.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Balham_Green":1ucwt6qu said:
Cobi Budge":1ucwt6qu said:

The issue is not getting behind the individual players obviously. I agree with Owl for once and was thinking of starting a similar thread. Singing an individual's name must give them such a lift especially new players. Let them feel the love. Dont see the point of continually singing Lowe's name.

The other thing is, if and when we have a bad run, say in L1 next season, the song will suddenly become very noticeable by its absence. Ryan is obviously a huge supporter of Klopp and I’m sure he would love to be even remotely as successful. I would think even more of him if he made a similar announcement as his role model. The team is doing well and it shouldn’t be beyond the younger elements of the support to come up with some songs, original or not, to show some love for the players. Come on GA! :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ave_IT":3n00ngzb said:
Noo….don’t agree at all.

I suppose different things make different people smile ave it. I think it’s embarrassing myself but each to their own of course. It’s not original though. Sung many years ago about Emile Heskey and no doubt others.