Ashley Smith-Brown (departs) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ashley Smith-Brown (departs)

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I read again that Ash played no part for Oldham last week. He's not featured for them for ages and I cannot find anything to suggest long-term injury. I believe that Ryan thought that he didn't have the right attitude, which is why he went out on loan.
He certainly wasn't the weakest link last year and would have thought that he would walk into Oldham's side.
For someone who was being tracked by Barcelona as a teenager (allegedly) and kept on Man City's books until his twenties, his fortunes have certainly nose-dived.
Is the lad ok?

Jul 12, 2016
Be interesting to learn the latest on his loan. Not much chance of him playing for us again.

Jan 27, 2012
I was also wondering how he is getting on. The local newspaper coverage for Oldham is nothing like as good as it for Argyle (take note all those people who criticise the Herald). Either he's injured or competely out of favour- it's hard to tell based on the Google results I get.

The only dodgy defenders from last season remaining at Argyle now are Canavan and Wooton. What are the chances of those two getting new deals I wonder ? (Canavan maybe, Wooton I'm not sure about). They not really proven themselves to be successful players for Argyle in the next division up.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Stuart House":ssiumhpi said:
Did he play at all for us earlier in the season? if not would be allowed to sign for another club.

No, according to GOS

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
He was a very high wage earner so I imagine the pay off was significant. :thumbdown:

Although better than paying his full wages until the end of the season of course :thumbup:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Seems so strange to think he and Tafari were the two players we were most excited about at the start of last season. A lesson not to get too excited about players just because they’re from a big club.

That was a truly shocking transfer window, looking back.

Feb 8, 2005
There must be more to this than the article suggests. Ashley Smith Brown will have fallen out with both Clubs for some unknown reason that we will never get to know about.

Apr 1, 2009
jimsing said:
There must be more to this than the article suggests. Ashley Smith Brown will have fallen out with both Clubs for some unknown reason that we will never get to know about.[/qu

Why must he have fallen out with both Clubs? He wasn't playing at Oldham so they ended the loan, as is their right. Presumably Lowe then told ASB he wasn't in his plans and Argyle offered a settlement (as they did to Tafari Moore).

Interested that someone says "he was a very high wage earner"? Why would an unproven LB be a very high wage earner? What's a very high wage at Argyle?