Back from the Dead?! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Back from the Dead?!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I don't want to upset anyone, but on my Pasoti page right now I'm staring at an image of Derek Adams on the top banner :)

Just thought I'd let the Mods know in case it's there in error.

Anyway, I'm off to sit in a dark cave for the rest of winter. Let me know when it's safe to come out.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I keep getting the same apparition - in fact he is almost always there, watching!

The ghost of seasons past, or are we lauding the manager of a rival team?

COYG

:scarf:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
gaspargomez":349p1tfh said:
On that subject, I thought this was interesting- Adams was a contender for the Hearts job but rejected an interview as he had agreed to sign for Morecombe. Adams was a good manager for Argyle- a different character than Lowe- but a good manager nonetheless.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... ks-1362347
TBH that doesn’t surprise me. In fact if he’d ‘done the dirty’ on Morecambe and stalled signing for them & then went back on his word then I would have been amazed. He is quite an oddball character for a football manager and quite admirable in many ways. I wish him well – I noticed they got a very good away win last night.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That is a very honourable, commendable thing to do. I have said before that he will stand the test of time in football management and I still believe that.
He made some mistakes in his last season at Home Park and I believe that the Board made the right decision.
I wish him well but I hope that his team loses on 14th March.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree, Derek is a good man.

We seem to have a technical issue as DA was only put up this morning and he's the ONLY face we have at the moment but they are working on it.

I had the image put up as as he was a manager who brought us promotion he should certainly be up on the top with Dave Smith, Paul Sturrock and Tony Waiters.

Aug 4, 2011
IJN":3kb240hm said:

We seem to have a technical issue as DA was only put up this morning and he's the ONLY face we have at the moment but they are working on it.

I had the image put up as as he was a manager who brought us promotion he should certainly be up on the top with Dave Smith, Paul Sturrock and Tony Waiters.
What about Colin?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Do you know, I thought that as I posted above. That must be rectified.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
IJN":1ju1iyql said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good to see him back on the board, as he deserves to be.

May 31, 2007
Sunny Yorkshire
It's interesting how over time our opinion changes. Maybe as the raw emotion of a situation changes as we have time to reflect

Adam's is a strange one to me. Obviously has principles that he sticks to, made a point if never swearing and donated lots of money to local causes.

On the other hand he had the ability to alienate players, cause unrest and upset other managers. His judgement on how to back his team in the media was also suspect (cone on Derek, they didnt play well did they!).

He was so much better than many managers we have had, but I agree the time was right for him to go over his time hear he did more than a good job, clouded by the ending which was abysmal.

Jan 27, 2012
Kevin Hodges should certainly be on the website if he isn't already.

Record appearance holder, promotion winner and held just about all coaching positions at the club. Club legend.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course Kevin’s here. As you say, our record holder.

Jun 27, 2019
I hear Kevin Hodges is now coaching kids at Yeovil Town - he was with the U12s the other night.

Hopefully he'll be able to find something better than that because someone with his experience could do much better than laying out cones for 12-year-olds at Yeovil.