Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 30 January | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 30 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Crawley Matchday Moments ... You Tube and Tunnel Cam ....You Tube

The latest League Two stats:
Possession average per game
Crawley - 55.8%
Forest Green Rovers - 55.4%
Argyle - 52.6%
Swindon - 52.4%
Cheltenham - 51.7%
Shots per game
Crawley - 15.6
Crewe - 14.6
Oldham - 13.8
Mansfield - 13.7
Argyle - 13.7
Pass accuracy
Crewe - 77.1%
Forest Green Rovers - 76.0%
Argyle -75.1%
Swindon - 73.9%
Colchester - 72.3%

In the club shop ....

From Ryan Lowe's Thursday press conference ...

Joe Riley spoke about his move to Mansfield ...
"I’m delighted to be here. It's a club that's in a new era with a new manager and I think I can be a part of that.
“This is a new chapter and a new challenge and I know the aims and ambitions of Mansfield going forward.
“Also, location-wise this is more beneficial to me and my family. I have spent 18 months down south at Plymouth, having been a northerner all my life. So I was delighted to get the call from Mansfield."

Update on the players out on loan .... club website

Dec 3, 2005
All these stats mean nothing - at the end of the day the only stats that mean anything are the goals FOR & goals AGAINST.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
But surely by creating more chances etc, your gonna have a better chance of winning. Statistically were doing well & that shows in our league position. So stats do have there place.

Apr 4, 2004
It most be just a coincidence that the majority of the teams high in the possession and pass accuracy lists are towards the top end of the league. A statistical anomaly.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
djg145":3qroub6i said:
All these stats mean nothing - at the end of the day the only stats that mean anything are the goals FOR & goals AGAINST.
Isn’t that a bit like saying the only stat that matters is are you alive or dead….…. and all that other stuff about blood pressure, weight, BMI, cholesterol levels, resting heart rate, etc. is all just nonsense for geeks?

Sep 25, 2010
Doesn’t it also say, that it is a better watch this season, compared to last season.

RL’s football compared to DA’s football.

Mar 18, 2014
Manchester City have twice been relegated when scoring more than 80 goals, in one season with a +17 goal difference.

The most important stat surely is the points total................

Aug 5, 2016
Ave_IT":3n0nyu1o said:
djg145":3n0nyu1o said:
Isn’t that a bit like saying the only stat that matters is are you alive or dead….…. and all that other stuff about blood pressure, weight, BMI, cholesterol levels, resting heart rate, etc. is all just nonsense for geeks?

I was about to reply but I think the above sums it up just about perfectly. :lol:

Jun 26, 2006
Vampires11":3cdtdhrs said:
Manchester City have twice been relegated when scoring more than 80 goals, in one season with a +17 goal difference.

That's am amazing stat. Which seasons were they relegated? The other teams must have been banging in the goals!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
green_forever":2hgm2w6h said:
Vampires11":2hgm2w6h said:

That's am amazing stat. Which seasons were they relegated? The other teams must have been banging in the goals!
Before I looked it up I was pretty sure that one of those seasons would be 1925-26 - and it was. It was a crazy season as managers and players tried to cope with the new offside law. It meant that only two players had to be between the attacker and the goal instead of three. Up until then the centre half was indeed a half back, as the traditional 2-3-5 line-up showed. Suddenly he was caught in no man's land and while centre halves tried to cope centre forwards made hay. City won 8-3 at home to Burnley on 24 Oct and then on 26 Oct they lost 8-3 to Sheffield United. On Christmas Day 1925 they lost 6-5 at Bury I cannot explain the 37-38 season, where they were relegated having scored 80 and conceded 67. There was some odd results - like a 6-1 home win over Derby and later they beat them away 7-1. They also beat WBA 7-1 at home. It was odd really because they were 16th after the penultimate game but results went against them on the last day and they finished 21st and were relegated. What was strange that only four points separated 22nd from 12th.