Anoraks 34 - and they don't come much easier! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anoraks 34 - and they don't come much easier!

Jan 11, 2016
My micro Argyle career didn't even involve stepping foot in Plymouth but I was involved in putting to rest 77 years of frustration with a victory that saw Argyle in the Championship play-off places with just 6 games to go. Heady times!

The who, where and when are pretty obvious so the question is what were the circumstances involved?

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
It can only be Rab Douglas.....

Came in when we had an injury crisis between the sticks and helped us break the City hoodoo

2008 at Ashton Gate...Rory Fallon at the double

Jan 11, 2016
That's right, of course!

Sadly it didn't get any better that season. The following Saturday's promotion battle home against Watford was drawn 1-1 with Peter Halmosi getting red carded while being stretchered off and the momentum from Ashton Gate was lost. In many ways that Watford result marked the end of any hope of promotion to the Premiership for a generation and it is hard to believe now that just for a while that season Argyle were genuinely in the mix for a crack at the big prize.

I managed to get to the last home game against Blackpool - a pleasant enough 3-0 romp in the sun but it was pretty meaningless when it might have been so much more special.