Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 1 February | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 1 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Ryan Lowe talks about the season so far ... club website
“The style of play has got us 51 points so far and we’ll continue to do that, that’s the brand of football.
“I know there have been one or two individual errors in and around that, but we get better each day and each game we play, so we’ll continue that brand, continue that philosophy, and we will continue to outperform teams with our passing and with our goals."

The club Twitter account is just 600 followers away from having 100,000 followers.

The line-up v Newport ....

Argyle 1 - 0 Newport
Bakinson 5
Sawyer sent off 85.

Attendance 10,966.

Match report

Newport manager Michael Flynn spoke about the defeat ....
“It’s very frustrating. It’s come down to an offside goal and a host of missed chances and missed opportunities.
“I’ve said it all season, really. We’ve got to be on the move in the box and anticipate things, instead of just waiting for it and hoping it drops in your lap.
“One of the things we try to work on is the anticipation of things and if we’d done that, we would have scored a couple today.
“I can’t fault their effort or the way they played. In the second half, we played them off the park.
“We’ve had far more shots than them, but they’ve got the three points.

“And, give credit where it’s due, Plymouth dug in and it’s the sign of a good team that they picked up three points without deserving them.
“I would have rather played awful and won 1-0.

“But there are so many positives. The football we played today was exceptional and it goes to show that on decent pitches we usually play a lot better.
“There are loads of positives but it’s frustrating that we’ve lost the game.

“It’s never nice to lose a game but, if we are going to lose a game, you want it to be in the right manner and today we did that.
“We believed in ourselves, we stuck to the game plan and it was just a lapse from a corner.”

“The goal was slightly offside. I’ll also say that I didn’t think theirs was a red card.
“I thought it was a yellow card. I didn’t think he deserved a red card so there were a couple of baffling decisions.
“And at the end he was supposed to add on the 30 seconds for each yellow card but he blew up dead on the four minutes.
“There was an extra minute to play when the ball was in their box so it was one of those games.”

The local paper in Newport ....

Newport fans forum match thread .... We Are Exiles

Match highlights ... Sky Sports

Ryan Lowe talked about the win ... club website
“Sometimes you have to roll your sleeves up and our lads rolled their sleeves up today – they got rid of every ball that came into that box from the opposition. We’re a football based team, but we did the dirty and nity gritty side of things today too, and to get points from it makes it even more pleasing.”

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
F in Argyle":rjb1g55b said:
Will Paul Sturrock leave the evening an hour before it's due to finish? :think: ;)

Ouch! Harsh - but quite funny... :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pedantic mode on - we were Division Two Champions, League One wasn't invented at that time - pedantic mode off.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":3auq31bq said:
Mark58":3auq31bq said:
F in Argyle":3auq31bq said:
Will Paul Sturrock leave the evening an hour before it's due to finish? :think: ;)

Not warranted ,not funny.

Why’s it not warranted or not funny Oldage? He did leave at a crucial time of the season and recommended Williamson who ended up being one of the poorer managers Argyle have had IMO. Argyle went up on auto pilot that season.

Of course Sturrock is a legend at Argyle and Hillsborough, but it’s ok to tell a joke about him suddenly legging it at the crunch end of the season

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":1wlo7nb7 said:
oldage":1wlo7nb7 said:
Mark58":1wlo7nb7 said:
F in Argyle":1wlo7nb7 said:

Not warranted ,not funny.

Why’s it not warranted or not funny Oldage? He did leave at a crucial time of the season and recommended Williamson who ended up being one of the poorer managers Argyle have had IMO. Argyle went up on auto pilot that season.

Of course Sturrock is a legend at Argyle and Hillsborough, but it’s ok to tell a joke about him suddenly legging it at the crunch end of the season
I thought the comment was aimed at his health! My mistake.