Journos ? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Journos ?

Feb 27, 2010
Looking to back of main stand and am impressed with the mass of journalists ranged along the back, didn’t realise we had so many local news outlets!!!!

Jan 2, 2019
Billyboy":2uk5gtzi said:
Looking to back of main stand and am impressed with the mass of journalists ranged along the back, didn’t realise we had so many local news outlets!!!!

Probably local radio from here and Wales. Both clubs media teams will sit up there. So will any welsh papers

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I shouldn't think radio Exeter (oops sorry Devon) would bother.

Early first half and Argyle were supposed to be closing up to them lot according to the radio (Swindon in front and we were 2nd above the six toes at the time). Then driving up to Exeter to work I was hearing loads about how good The Grecians were (their words) and then a small mention of the team in green (again their words) having gone above their faves. No mention of the game in hand to potentially increase our lead over them and some lovely anecdotes of the presenters at Wembley having to be professional whilst crying inside. Splitters.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Ade the green":1iqwjkdm said:

Early first half and Argyle were supposed to be closing up to them lot according to the radio (Swindon in front and we were 2nd above the six toes at the time). Then driving up to Exeter to work I was hearing loads about how good The Grecians were (their words) and then a small mention of the team in green (again their words) having gone above their faves. No mention of the game in hand to potentially increase our lead over them and some lovely anecdotes of the presenters at Wembley having to be professional whilst crying inside. Splitters.

I just don’t understand how Radio Devon gets away with its appalling coverage of Argyle and ridiculous Exeter city bias? Plus the fact it often sounds very ametuerish.
Driving back from games and listening is so infuriating as we hardly get a mention, yet have to listen to endless BS about Exeter.
For years now Exeter get featured before us! How does that work? Surely the biggest club with the biggest fan base should be featured first. Even when we are in higher divisions this happens. Would Walsall feature before Aston Villa on midlands radio? No! So why does it happen on radio Devon?
I force myself to listen in the car so I can hear what the manger has to say.
Surely sparksy must have some kind of influence or input on this from the inside. I for one refuse to listen to the channel because of this and I know others who feel the same.
Rant over

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
loveargyles":1q9odw5o said:
Ade the green":1q9odw5o said:

I just don’t understand how Radio Devon gets away with its appalling coverage of Argyle and ridiculous Exeter city bias? Plus the fact it often sounds very ametuerish.
Driving back from games and listening is so infuriating as we hardly get a mention, yet have to listen to endless BS about Exeter.
For years now Exeter get featured before us! How does that work? Surely the biggest club with the biggest fan base should be featured first. Even when we are in higher divisions this happens. Would Walsall feature before Aston Villa on midlands radio? No! So why does it happen on radio Devon?
I force myself to listen in the car so I can hear what the manager has to say.
Surely sparksy must have some kind of influence or input on this from the inside. I for one refuse to listen to the channel because of this and I know others who feel the same.
Rant over

Their bias is rediculous and surely something needs to get done. At least this week they gave Argyle a fair hearing, rather than the usual 30 seconds we get while Vickery day dreams about Matt Taylor.

They leave the Argyle manager to last as they know they'd have no audience if he was first. We would all switch off and it would just be the Exeter one man and his dog listening to the rest.

I liked McArthy (I think it was) who made the comment about Exeter's 2,000 at Swindon is a nothing in comparison to Argyle away, that made me chuckle.

May 16, 2016
Willis88":186df3l4 said:
loveargyles":186df3l4 said:
Ade the green":186df3l4 said:

Rant over

Their bias is rediculous and surely something needs to get done. At least this week they gave Argyle a fair hearing, rather than the usual 30 seconds we get while Vickery day dreams about Matt Taylor.

They leave the Argyle manager to last as they know they'd have no audience if he was first. We would all switch off and it would just be the Exeter one man and his dog listening to the rest.

I liked McArthy (I think it was) who made the comment about Exeter's 2,000 at Swindon is a nothing in comparison to Argyle away, that made me chuckle.

We listened in the Car on the way back after the Game today and chuckled at the Presenter desperately looking for a negative slant on Argyle. He was hanging on to the fact we've theoretically got a harder run of games coming up to dampen the excitement of our progress. Sean McCarthys' comment about how we reguarly take large numbers away made me laugh, I could hear his Chips getting wetter as Sean said it !

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Willis88":1rb3rnlh said:
loveargyles":1rb3rnlh said:
Ade the green":1rb3rnlh said:

Rant over

A couple of weeks ago the studio summariser asked the City commentator if they (city) were concerned about Argyle's coming up behind them. Obviously They and Them were superfluous to the conversation as they were both Grecians and what was felt by one was felt by the other. It did give the commentator an opportunity to say no because they wouldn't mind Argyle going up with them. There has been no mention of the game in hand we have over City nor the two games in hand over Swindon which would effectively have us league leaders in waiting.

Never mind, Ryan Lowe has the team playing well and getting results and incidentally, City have amassed just 1 point from their last 3 games. Who said in an earlier thread he couldn't see City having a slump? It looks like it's here boys.

Mar 8, 2016
Radio Devon is pi$$ poor. For some reason they’ve employed a bunch of goons who have no clue about football and support Exeter! Have you heard them? These muppets have never been laid I their life’s. Absolute belters. To think argyle make up the vast majority of the listeners to this poo show ad they still show so much bias to this lot up the road. Crazy.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Army green":2fzbj3h4 said:
Radio Devon is pi$$ poor. For some reason they’ve employed a bunch of goons who have no clue about football and support Exeter! Have you heard them? These muppets have never been laid I their life’s. Absolute belters. To think argyle make up the vast majority of the listeners to this poo show ad they still show so much bias to this lot up the road. Crazy.

Maybe it's because they think they'll get an interview with Ade Edmondson You know. Rik Mayall's straight man.

Jul 12, 2016
Radio Cornwall is just as bad. Rarely mention Argyle but obsessed with rugby!

Jul 12, 2016
Dalton Is God":13j6u4sd said:
oldage":13j6u4sd said:
Radio Cornwall is just as bad. Rarely mention Argyle but obsessed with rugby!

Rugby’s the national sport of Cornwall remember ;)

Course I know but so is eating pasties and they don't mention them either! Seriously though it is sad that with so many Argyle fans in Cornwall the BBC almost ignore there existence.