Not a red. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Not a red.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It certainly wasn’t a red card, I was directly in line in the Mayflower. Gaz went for the ball, it was touched past him, he made contact, yellow at most. Reaction of the Newport players swayed the ref. Gaz was very good today and didn’t deserve that.

Jul 3, 2013
Glad you thought so, he was our worst player on the pitch from the game I watched and would have been off for a second Yellow anyway if the ref had booked him earlier as he should have. his last 2 games have been poor but until that point he has been very consistent throughout the season. That Red might get rescinded as it was nothing more than a late tackle but if not then lets hope Grant is back and fit.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Stiffler":172izimb said:
Glad you thought so, he was our worst player on the pitch from the game I watched and would have been off for a second Yellow anyway if the ref had booked him earlier as he should have. his last 2 games have been poor but until that point he has been very consistent throughout the season. That Red might get rescinded as it was nothing more than a late tackle but if not then lets hope Grant is back and fit.

Our worst player?

I lost track of how many times, particularly in the 2nd half, Sawyer made a brilliant tackle or a brilliant interception to cut them out.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Sawyer, to be fair, had the job of covering Love Island's position too. When he wasn't adjusting his vest or hair he was busy thwacking the ball anywhere but to a green shirt or generally being nowhere near a tackle.
Bookings and reds are more likely if you're taking care of 2 positions

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I didn't think it was a red at first, but on the replay it looked bad. The reaction from them didn't help, but the ref booked Labadie so he knew what they were up to. You've seen them given, and we'd be asking for it if it was against us.

Jul 3, 2013
The fact the opposition are targeting him speaks volumes, we were lucky the nippy winger is about as good at crossing as Riley was.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Stiffler":2e98n55w said:
The fact the opposition are targeting him speaks volumes, we were lucky the nippy winger is about as good at crossing as Riley was.

They're targeting the left side because Cooper is dross

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Stiffler":1w1uekc0 said:
Nothing like opinions is there? I thought he had a very sound game as was as good as anyone in a Green shirt.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
up_the_line":1qkzr66p said:
Stiffler":1qkzr66p said:

Very harsh UPL. He has God knows how many assists now, it is maybe a small price to pay if his defensive qualities are lacking a little. Fadz for sure is more reliable that way but he doesn't create like Cooper. Loved the Love Island comment though.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jerryatricjanner":26n2lfb9 said:
up_the_line":26n2lfb9 said:
Stiffler":26n2lfb9 said:

Very harsh UPL. He has God knows how many assists now, it is maybe a small price to pay if his defensive qualities are lacking a little. Fadz for sure is more reliable that way but he doesn't create like Cooper. Loved the Love Island comment though.

You sure?
How many goals/assists did Fadz get up to before injury?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
No idea to be honest but Cooper is almost every game with an assist. He is a luxury player who can infuriate as much as excite I admit and managers have such a job striking the right balance with players of his ilk.

Sep 2, 2008
up_the_line":3s6b7t5m said:
Stiffler":3s6b7t5m said:

Been saying this for a while. He plays more terrible passes than good ones and defensively he is really lacking. I hope we don't take up the option to buy him at the end of the season as there are far, far better players out there. Back on topic though....was a red from my pov. Sawyer was not in control of his tackle at all. He, and the attacker, were lucky that there wasn't a real connection as he could have seriously damaged him. Red card for dangerous play all day long as far as I'm concerned.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
It was a stupid challenge to make. They get given as reds more often than not and yes it may well get rescinded, but it could have cost us at the end.

May 28, 2015
jerryatricjanner":1ms9a7ma said:
No idea to be honest but Cooper is almost every game with an assist. He is a luxury player who can infuriate as much as excite I admit and managers have such a job striking the right balance with players of his ilk.

Cooper defensively is awful and against a better team we are going to be completely done by it. Yes he creates goals and in this league I think he will do there but should we go up we need a much better defensive player. Its also embarrassing his attitude of getting back into position, no passion or commitment at all