Thank you Argyle! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Thank you Argyle!

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
What a fantastic day we had yesterday after winning the Match Sponsorship Raffle Prize - VIP passes, behind the scenes tour, lunch with Luggy (Luggy!!!) and padded (padded!!!) seats on the halfway line in the Director’s Box for a winning game.

Bit different from our normal match day experience in Block 6 - the football purists may dislike this side of things, but hospitality must be generating some good money for the club. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the experience for a special treat or corporate entertaining, or the venue for other celebrations and events.

Really great to feel the positive vibes both on and off the pitch - COYG!

Ray the Aviator

♣️ PASALB Member
Sep 15, 2003
Bramley, Hampshire
Glad you and your group enjoyed the day ... Ive done several Corporate experiences at other clubs, must admit Argyle have got this right, its a fab way to enjoy watching our lads out there on the putch...food is excellent and pre match atmosphere is spot on.. both me and the wife signed up after IJN cast out his line and truely hooked us... well done Argyle...

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Ray the Aviator":3duhvy3l said:
Glad you and your group enjoyed the day ... Ive done several Corporate experiences at other clubs, must admit Argyle have got this right, its a fab way to enjoy watching our lads out there on the putch...food is excellent and pre match atmosphere is spot on.. both me and the wife signed up after IJN cast out his line and truely hooked us... well done Argyle...

You're a proper prawn sandwich eater now then Ray.

I'm surprised you stooped so low as to pinch a few of my chips at Stevenage :greensmile: .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I may have made a suggestion that the Pioneer experience could well enhance your Argyle experience. :whistle:

To be quite honest when you had JB’s tickets as he couldn’t attend, I just knew you’d be sucked in.

It’s an old drug dealers trick apparently! :twisted:

Ray the Aviator

♣️ PASALB Member
Sep 15, 2003
Bramley, Hampshire
Dreamgreen":h741sjq4 said:
You're a proper prawn sandwich eater now then Ray.
I'm surprised you stooped so low as to pinch a few of my chips at Stevenage :greensmile: .
There were no corporate tickets left away at Stevenage, thats why i stooped low and sat in the away bar,

To be fair Malcolm, I ate most if your chips :greensmile:

Ray the Aviator

♣️ PASALB Member
Sep 15, 2003
Bramley, Hampshire
IJN":3bviueij said:
I may have made a suggestion that the Pioneer experience could well enhance your Argyle experience. :whistle:

To be quite honest when you had JB’s tickets as he couldn’t attend, I just knew you’d be sucked in.

It’s an old drug dealers trick apparently! :twisted:

So its your fault eh Ian .. or is it James B's for not making it... either way, i must admit being one of the Pioneers ts a great way to watch football..Karen loves the day out :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
GoGoGreen":1cajhbre said:
What a fantastic day we had yesterday after winning the Match Sponsorship Raffle Prize - VIP passes, behind the scenes tour, lunch with Luggy (Luggy!!!) and padded (padded!!!) seats on the halfway line in the Director’s Box for a winning game.

Bit different from our normal match day experience in Block 6 - the football purists may dislike this side of things, but hospitality must be generating some good money for the club. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the experience for a special treat or corporate entertaining, or the venue for other celebrations and events.

Really great to feel the positive vibes both on and off the pitch - COYG!

How was the legroom? Guessing no problems in the posh seats!! :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As has been said before there are no problems in the Lower Mayflower. Loads of room.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Before the Crawley match, I went over to the other side so to speak and asked a couple of stewards if I could go and check the seats in the grandstand. Showed them my season ticket and no problem, they let me go through the gate. Then approached two stewards actually checking season tickets for the grandstand and they said I couldn't go in, even for a few minutes, despite the delayed kick off. More than their job was worth apparently.

I said I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about re the legroom and amusingly, one of them said, the legroom is just the same as the rest of the ground. No difference at all. I said, that’s not what I had been hearing. The other one says, to be honest mate, it’s not great! Lots of complaints! :funny:

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
I wondered how long it would take for the legroom question to come up!! Our seats in the Mayflower were very comfortable with a great view and plenty of legroom but we were very glad it was a dry day!

The view from the hospitality area and the grandstand seats is amazing - it truly feels like ‘the theatre of greens’ but I can appreciate concerns about legroom. It is cramped and I’m not sure the view compensates for that. Maybe a seat on the end of a row would allow a little bit more legroom? The facilities all looked pretty good that side but yes, the concourse is narrow (to accommodate new ventilation services) and compromises have clearly been made.

Seats in the Mayflower would be great on a dry day but we’ll be happy to ‘slum it’ in block 6 again now. Back to pasties instead of prawn sandwiches lol.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I managed to get to the match on Saturday after almost three years away from the UK. Having been a season ticket holder with a great seat at the front of the grandstand for several years I managed to get a seat reasonably close to my old place. What a disappointment! not much knee room and access to each row seems to be way to far apart meaning a long slog for everyone getting into and out of seats. Worst of all for me, was to see the location of my old seat now pushed hard against the front of the grandstand with no walkway either to the side or in front. Those who hoped to return to an improved seat after the refurbishment have my sympathy.
Having said that I enjoyed the match complete with the usual final nailbiting ten minutes. It was good to get back and I'm only sorry I didn't catch up with more old friends.