The pitch? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The pitch?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thought it looked a tad threadbare yesterday.

As flat as a pancake as usual, and obviously well cared for BUT saw lots of brown patches partciaualrly on the Grandstand side, others I spoke to noticed it as well.

Must be all this pigging rain I suppose. Hope it's nothing to do with the new larger roof in the Mayflower. :shocked:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
IJN":2cueg8kk said:

As flat as a pancake as usual, and obviously well cared for BUT saw lots of brown patches partciaualrly on the Grandstand side, others I spoke to noticed it as well.

Must be all this pigging rain I suppose. Hope it's nothing to do with the new larger roof in the Mayflower. :shocked:
Probably down to a simple drop in temperature, grass doesn’t grow below 5 degrees so has not had any growth this week to repair itself. I know that some daytime temperatures have been higher than normal but the ground take time to warm through after a heavy frost so root temp is key.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sorry, would you like PM's or E Mails clearing what we talk about with you first?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Having said the grass is not growing currently, I noted the mowers were out swiftly enough on the Lyndhurst side after the game, even before Argyle players had fully left the pitch

Sep 25, 2010
Quintrell_Green":47oibt5x said:
Having said the grass is not growing currently, I noted the mowers were out swiftly enough on the Lyndhurst side after the game, even before Argyle players had fully left the pitch

They always do it, straight away after each match

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Martyn":316drarn said:
Quintrell_Green":316drarn said:

Yes, I am aware of that, but I only made the comment relative too the concern expressed that the grass did not appear to be growing as the temperatures were too low!. i am continuing to cut my lawn and grass at our allotment,, so the temperatures are not that low IMHO

Jul 12, 2016
IJN":2u8dpm1s said:

Too much watering? Sprinklers seem to be used even after rainy weather. I have also noticed our players slip on occasions.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
The pitch is in fantastic condition. We have just had one of the wettest autumn/winter periods in years and yet it looks great and plays really well. The groundstaff have done an amazing job and it looks fantastic up close and personal and also on tv. If you watch the EFL highlights programmes on Sky, you won’t see many better surfaces anywhere outside the Premiership. Some of the L2 and L1 grounds are absolutely dreadful. Like a throwback to the 70's.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I did notice that the goal area was starting to get a little bare, but the worst part was the linesman area on the Lyndhurst side it was really sloppy.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Wouldn't the mowers be out to clear the debri after a match....basically vacuuming up the bits and pieces scuffed up during the match more than cutting it ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Martyn":3v2iq2ej said:
Quintrell_Green":3v2iq2ej said:

A lot of fans wouldn’t be there to see that, Martyn, would they?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
oldage":3ebll7o6 said:
IJN":3ebll7o6 said:

Too much watering? Sprinklers seem to be used even after rainy weather. I have also noticed our players slip on occasions.
Must admit I can't get my head around that either - I'm no expert but the amount of watering seems quite bizarre to me. At half time there they were - full on again as if we were in a drought. Then when they stopped you could see the from the players kicking around, that the ball was literally splashing as it was so wet. That can't be good - can it?