Anoraks 35 - just a bit of Greens on Screen free fun! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anoraks 35 - just a bit of Greens on Screen free fun!

Jan 11, 2016
Pilgrim Pete's Christmas hamper was dull of goodies chosen to remind him of his Argyle legends team. The items that involved his favourite five forwards were

The complete works of Samuel Taylor Coleridge and Arthur Conan-Doyle
Box sets of Baywatch and Dad's Army videos
and a saucy film still of Britt Ekland on the phone

So who are the members of Pete's potent forward line?

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Ok so the best I can do for Conan Doyle is George BAKER (Street)....the young centre forward who played with Carter and Anderson and almost made the Welsh 1958 World Cup team....unless it is the weirdest forward line ver with Holmes Dennis in it :)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Gerry RAFFERTY is well known for the song 'Baker Street' (the one with the saxophone solo) and Baker Street is where Sherlock Holmes lived.

Edited to correct my original post as Rafferty didn't play the saxophone solo himself

Aug 8, 2013
The Doctor":3khvlo6d said:
Gerry RAFFERTY is well known for the song 'Baker Street' (the one with the saxophone solo) and Baker Street is where Sherlock Holmes lived.

Edited to correct my original post as Rafferty didn't play the saxophone solo himself

Now that IS smart. One of my all-time favourite songs too. Ahh, that sax solo........

Jan 11, 2016
Pete's choices were, as you correctly spotted

7 Anderson
8 Carter
9 Mariner
10 Rafferty
11 Hodges

He favoured Anderson over Jones because he could play on either wing and his crossing was sharper. For what it's worth my Dad always thought that Jones slowed the attack down when he got the ball, but he was still a class player. George Baker would have linked well with Wilf Carter but he was not a prolific goal scorer so Pete went for Rafferty.

Look out for the defenders in Anoraks 36 appearing here shortly