Higher Home Park

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This is old news so I'm not sure why the Herald has repeated the story today.
Simon Hallett said in August 2018 he wanted to buy the land on behalf of the club and actually completed the purchase in July 2019.

I'm sure Simon Hallett said he would like to use it as a fan zone on matchdays.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Part was sold back to Argyle previously (currently used as a car park??)

But Brent still owned the top part for the mythical ice rink.

Is this is new purchase of the whole or referring to the area at the bottom from previously?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
As Posty says this is old news and I don't know why the Herald are saying "Plymouth is getting a new ice arena this year in a surprise location". It's the same location it's always been and the last I heard it's due to start at the end of March.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":xdcb4bj7 said:

Is this is new purchase of the whole or referring to the area at the bottom from previously?

Mythical?

What do you know that others don’t?

Aug 2, 2011
I am surprised that anyone is surprised at the “Erald” publishing old news. The paper has over the last 10 plus years established itself as a prime source of inaccurate reporting, click bait headlining, illiterate and grammatically incorrect copy.

It is a purveyor of utter garbage.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":15watn67 said:
Stuart House":15watn67 said:

Mythical?

What do you know that others don’t?

Icical?? :think:

(beware pedants: the spelling is artistic licence! ;) )

Sep 19, 2015
I will believe it when I see it. I have very little confidence in James Brent getting any project off the ground if I am honest. Without Simon and Jane Hallett, we would still be stuck with a crumbling Grandstand im sure.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Wouldn't be surprised if we see a club shop built on that land in the future.

The facade superstore is a great idea and is perfectly executed, but it's not big enough 'going forward'. That could remain as a gift shop/cafe and the real store near the GTs.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
PlymouthCasual":120rlh2c said:
I will believe it when I see it. I have very little confidence in James Brent getting any project off the ground if I am honest. Without Simon and Jane Hallett, we would still be stuck with a crumbling Grandstand im sure.

"any project off the ground ..."

What, like saving Argyle you mean ?

Sep 19, 2015
James Brent deserves a lot of credit for that Nikkk I must admit. My issue with James Brent is his shoddy record of not completing promised renovations/projects which he picks up dirt cheap and never fulfills. Plymouth Pavilions, Higher Home Park, The proposed Hotel down by the veterinary centre. The list goes on and on.

Feb 8, 2019
Nice to see the grounds corners filled in some of those mock ups. Slightly off topic but does anyone know if detailed images of the potential corner fills exist anywhere?