Club stupidity for Exeter game | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Jan 29, 2020
I've heard, (not 100% confirmed by the club) from a steward that Argyle will not only keeping the family enclosure in place for the Exeter game (in past seasons they have sensibly decided to remove it for the game), but also only selling tickets for block G (lower mayflower nearest to the changing rooms / away fans) to families.

Why on earth would we do that, other clubs can host derby / high profile games with a couple of rows of stewards. There is ample room between the two sets of fans without using families as a human shield.

Can foresee several complaints if unbeknown families do sit in these areas - the language is likely to be quite fruity.
Not only that, but we should be ramping the atmosphere up, making it as hostile as possible for the away team. It seems we are rolling out the red carpet.

As I say, unconfirmed from the club - but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

May 4, 2015
I've heard that too - and is complete and utter madness if true.

The atmosphere for the last 10 mins against Newport was fantastic, Lyndhurst, Mayflower, Devonport all in good voice.

There is a row of 2 seats and a double gangway at the end of the new terrace, plenty of room for stewarding / police and anyone overstepping the mark should be ejected.
Putting families in the two closest areas of the ground to the away fans is lunacy. Exeter kicked off in a family pub in Swindon at the weekend so they clearly have no regard for their surroundings.
They're be no way in hell I'd take my kids in either of these blocks for this game

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
The block G decision is mind boggling in its ineptitude :facepalm:
I hope the club is well prepared for the post match ā€˜inquestā€™...!!
Picture the scene... Exeter to your right, Plymouth has beens/wannabes to your left and old school Plymouth Neanderthals above :(
Now letā€™s see, how shall I get around this nugget of a decision? Oh yeah, buy a cheap ticket for my imaginary child/grandchild and not take them on the day :wave:

Aug 4, 2011
Bonkers decision by the club, creating more problems than they solve here.

Dilute the atmosphere as much as possible, loud music right up to kick off, families to either side of the away fans and dressing rooms, lets just let them out sing us and hand them all 3 points at the same time :facepalm:

C

Cult Of Personality

I think the family stand should be moved to the corner between devonport and Lyndhurst. Your slightly away from Block 3 and the smoke and swearing but you will still get the noise and atmosphere they generate. What the club want is for young kids to go I love going argyle because of the noise and atmosphere. I remember I used to stand or sit on the fence at the front of the devonport as a kid and loved it because whilst I was away from the swearing I still felt I could hear the singing and be a part of it .

Jan 29, 2020
So has it actually been confirmed? Sounds like it.

I agree the family stand should be relocated, sounds as good a place as any to move it, why the club would keep it where it is AND sell family only tickets for Mayflower block G is bewildering

Sep 19, 2015
Another own goal by the club. Been sitting in block G of the mayflower since the Swindon game, only to find out that I now have to bring a child with me to sit in the same seat. Sometimes the mind really does boggle!

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
Cult Of Personality":39ouqfbk said:
I think the family stand should be moved to the corner between devonport and Lyndhurst. Your slightly away from Block 3 and the smoke and swearing but you will still get the noise and atmosphere they generate. What the club want is for young kids to go I love going argyle because of the noise and atmosphere. I remember I used to stand or sit on the fence at the front of the devonport as a kid and loved it because whilst I was away from the swearing I still felt I could hear the singing and be a part of it .

I agree. I have had a season ticket in block 2 with my son who is 10 for 2 seasons now and he loves it there as it is a good atmosphere. A friend of mine who takes his son has switched to Block 1 from the family area with his son and said it is miles better as again the kids enjoy the atmosphere. Yes there is the odd swearing but it is a football ground and let's face it, nothing they don't hear at school or on YouTube.
My point is, kids enjoy the noise and Block 1 and it makes perfect sense, especially as it is away from the away fans.

Mar 8, 2016
Argyle are getting many things right at the moment and I donā€™t like to criticise too much but this is a bit of an own goal an needs rethinking. I know common sense isnā€™t all that common anymore but this has failure written all over it.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Are the Exeter tickets even on sale yet?
Nothing on the OS.
The last match you can buy for is the Grimsby Tuesday night match. and you can purchase block G tickets easily for that one. :cool:

May 3, 2016
Who actually makes these decisions Iā€™d guess Argyle and the police (intelligence).

God forbid we ever get to the promised land we will need to close half the ground for segregation.

This is a big event for Devon & Cornwalls finest as nothing really happens in sleepy Devon so letā€™s go way overboard and show what we can do, Argyle will probably have little say in what happens.
Has the match commander ever attended a real big game? Chelsea v West Ham, Celtic v Rangers I have been to both one line of stewards one line of police, simple.
Get real :-C :-C

Jul 3, 2013
Probably made by the same clown who overseen the new build that was messed up along with the changing rooms.

Apr 9, 2011
IMO the whole logistics of the ground should have been looked at once they decided on the location of the dressing rooms. What other grounds i wonder do the home teams come out in front of the away fans , you only have to look at the stick Gary Sawyer got when he had to walk off in front of the Newport fans on Saturday

B

Bonehead

Itā€™s all about costs . Always has been. Sod the fans and the atmosphere.

The atmosphere has plummeted since the family enclosure was moved . Fact.