Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 6 February | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 6 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Tickets are still on sale for the summer concerts at Home Park featuring Little Mix book here and Westlife book here.
The stage will be at the Barn Park End of the pitch, for previous concerts the stage was in front of the grandstand facing towards the Lyndhurst stand.
Previous noteable gigs at Home Park:
Rod Stewart - 2016 and 2009.
Meatloaf - 2008.
Westlife - 2008.
Elton John - 2007.
George Michael - 2007.
Plymouth Rock Festival - 1987, featuring Captain Sensible after a change/cancellation of Black Sabbath.
Sparks - 1974.

Ryan Lowe's press conference ...

Exeter City have announced that tickets for away fans for the Devon Derby at Home Park on 21 March will go on sale on Wednesday 12 February.
Exeter have been given an allocation of 1,723 tickets.

Striker Luke Jephcott has been nominated for a second monthly award .... club website

Ryan Lowe says he is against having a winter break ... BBC
"And at our level anyway people can't afford to go to Dubai for four or five days or America or Barbados or wherever it may be.
"At our level, especially League One and League Two, it should just stay the same."

Luke Jephcott talks about his season so far ... club website
“I am enjoying it. It’s been a good month for the club, we’ve been picking up a lot of points and for me to get a couple of goals as well, it’s been a nice little bonus."

Listen to the fascinating stories from former Club Secretary Graham Little at the Argyle Archive website .... here.

May 21, 2018
Sparks and the Heavy Metal Kids were in a tent opposite the ground. Gary Holton of HMK injured himself at his gig and did not tour again. Great concert though - remember he had a Policeman's severed head in a bucket for some reason... Later popped up in Auf Wiedersehn Pet before an untimely death.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
I was at that Sparks gig as a 15 year old - my first ever. Didn't realise HMK were the support because a couple of years later I became a big fan. However, Gary Holton certainly did continue touring. I saw the band 6/7 times over the years. Sadly drugs got the better of Gary.

Dec 21, 2010
I worked the Summer in the Big Tent for the Sparks gig and a concert by Leo Sayer which was fantastic. After that it was two weeks of Christopher Biggins performing in Winnie The Pooh, then two weeks of the Royal Ballet. Happy days !

Mar 21, 2006
Argyledad":2fd4mhju said:
I worked the Summer in the Big Tent for the Sparks gig and a concert by Leo Sayer which was fantastic. After that it was two weeks of Christopher Biggins performing in Winnie The Pooh, then two weeks of the Royal Ballet. Happy days !

Yep I remember Heavy Metal Kids with Gary Holton taking the severed head out of a bucket and Leo Sayer in his clown/Pierrot outfit - great gigs!

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Has Friday been cancelled?