Salford away | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Salford away

Jan 2, 2020
Bit of a long shot this one. Is anyone driving up to Salford from Plymouth and driving back down the same day that has a spare seat? Willing to pay for fuel of course, don’t really fancy the supporters coach. :scarf:

P

PrestwichShaker

Hello.
Bury supporter 56 here, vast majority of those a season ticket holder and believe me the situation is absolutely dire!
I intend to go to Salford on Tuesday night, as I am sure a few other Shakers will be too! It's about 10 minutes drive from my house. For those of you coming up for the game, Prestwich on Bury New Road M60 Jct 17) is 2 miles from the ground,has several eateries and well established pubs (Joseph Holts) beer for around £3.00 per pint. The Church Inn (Church Lane) is off Bury New Road to the right as you head towards the ground. Bit 'oldy wordly' type of boozer and my 'local'.,however beer is around the £4.00 mark. Further on about a mile from the ground is The Friendship (Holts) and a decent pub meal from about £8.00 upwards.or The Woodthorpe on Bury Old Road (Holts). both about a mile from the ground..
Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season!

Olaf

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🚑 Steve Hooper
Aug 2, 2016
That is good advice from the Bury fan. However, for those you coming into Manchester Centre(either Piccadilly or Victoria) there is a bunch of us who will eating and drinking in the Northern Quarter from around 4 PM prior to going to the game.

We will be starting at the Smithfield Tavern for a drink. (We may move on later)
https://the-smithfield-market-tavern.business.site/

We will probably be eating/drinking at the Mackie Mayor.
http://www.mackiemayor.co.uk/

There are plenty of other good options in the Northern Quarter but the Mackie is well worth a visit.

From the Northern Quarter its a 3 mile taxi/Uber to the ground.

P

PrestwichShaker

Thanks guys.

If in the Northern Quarter

Bar Fringe, Swan Street, Ancoats, Manchester

is quite close and always has a good selection of handpumps on!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PrestwichShaker":9dkpfo5q said:
Thanks guys.

If in the Northern Quarter

Bar Fringe, Swan Street, Ancoats, Manchester

is quite close and always has a good selection of handpumps on!

Ah Bar Fringe. With the motorcycle above the entrance and the old smoking pipes embedded in the ceiling.
Know it only too well

P

PrestwichShaker

Enjoyable game, played in some difficult conditions.

Moore the pick of Bury's old boys for me..

Mayor booked and IMO the Salford player tried to get him sent off.

Came in to the game late on though with some trademark runs, appeared a real threat then was substituted.

McFadz solid 1st half, hard to judge 2nd half and Salford goals at the far end (2nd half) so hard to comment on PA defensively.

Great turn out from you guys and raucous celebrations and I was in 'your end' when the winner went in and why not!

The Neville's can and do divide opinion but £10.00 entrance was a bargain.

Alot of you in The Friendship pre match.

Trust you all got home safe, if late, and enjoyed your trip north.

I might get to Oldham if you are still in the mix!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You've set a precedent now PrestwichShaker. We'll be expecting you at all our remaining away fixtures :)