Flexi membership | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Flexi membership

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am a Flexi member with only one voucher left. I was told today by the ticket office that when you use your last voucher you do not have flexi membership priority on tickets for remaining matches this season. Is this correct ? Can we buy tickets at the priority stage and keep our last voucher for later in the season ? With the old white membership it lasted all season. Would no flexi members get priority for a play off game as they would of all used up their vouchers ???

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ipplepen green":34piqmjg said:
Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am a Flexi member with only one voucher left. I was told today by the ticket office that when you use your last voucher you do not have flexi membership priority on tickets for remaining matches this season. Is this correct ? Can we buy tickets at the priority stage and keep our last voucher for later in the season ? With the old white membership it lasted all season. Would no flexi members get priority for a play off game as they would have all used up their vouchers ???
Either you've misunderstood or they've misunderstood what you're asking or both.When they issue tickets in stages it's full season ticket holders first, then flexi / green members then general release. It's nothing to do with how many vouchers you've used - in fact you don't get 'vouchers' these days it just electronically count how many games you've been to. If you log on it will still categorise you as a Flexi member even after you've used your six game allowance - the only difference is you have to pay when you check out.

I'm in the same situation and was given bad advice by the ticket office. I've redeemed all 6 tickets but was hoping I'd get priority 2 for away games. The ticket office said no, once the last ticket is redeemed then there's no more priority at all, home or away.

I knew that if I'd used my last ticket there was no priority for home games but was concerned about the away games so I emailed the club. Nicki Errington replied within 15 minutes, very prompt and polite. This is what she said:

Dear Aaron,

Nicki Errington has responded to your ticket: PAFC794347

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your email. I will clarify the situation for you on Priority sales.

If you are a Flexi ticket holder you get the Priority 1 status on home games but ONLY when you are redeeming against your ticket. Once you have used all six,you can either purchase another 6 to maintain this Priority or you have to wait and buy the tickets within the general sale phase. Obviously with the Flexi ticket you are getting 6 home league games at a cheaper price and the Priority opportunity to use one of these per game. If you were wanting to use more than one on a game you would need to wait for the general phase as well.This is explained in all the online information,as it states the Priority is for up to six home league games.

For away games and cup games,even when you have used all your tickets, you maintain the Priority 2 status for the season. Again this is only one ticket per member to the correct concession dependant on the fixture.

I hope this explains everything.

Kind regards
Nicki

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Can we clarify what Priority 1 and Priority 2 means ā€“ is there a Priority 3 for general sale?

For popular away games like Swindon ā€“ tickets first went on sale to season ticket holders (must be priority 1) then there were a few days where flexi holders could get tickets (presumably priority 2) before going on general sale (priority 3?). Is that what Nicki means? Iā€™m sure the same was true for the Swindon home game ā€“ in fact I remember now getting tickets for me and my lad and strategically leaving spaces between us for friends for when tickets went on general sale :wink: . If not then Iā€™d be a bit miffed not to have a few days priority ahead of general sale for the Exeter game (not to mention possible play-offs) having used all mine up ā€“ if Iā€™d known I would have held one back until the end of the season and bought ā€˜generalā€™ sale tickets for the less popular games. By the way when do the Exeter tickets go on sale?

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
This appears different to the old White membership.

With White membership you bought Priority 2 booking for all AWAY and CUP games, after the Green ST members Priority 1 sale but before General Sale. This does not appear to have changed.
With White membership you bought Priority 1 booking for ALL home league games ahead of General sale with 6 free tickets and then full price tickets for all games after your first 6 were used up. The club have not given much publicity to the change that after the use of your last free Home tickets on Flexi-Membership you lose the Home league booking priority and return to general sale without any priority. I can see how it has caused confusion if the club are relying on everyone knowing about the change because it's in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't go to away or cup games, Flexi-Members have lost any further membership privileges once the last of the 6 Home tickets is used. Perhaps this should have been better communicated to the fans buying Flexi-Memberships at the beginning of the season so that they could plan when to use their last ticket for the likely sell-out matches towards the end of the season.

May 8, 2011
Southampton Green":23qzskzb said:

With White membership you bought Priority 2 booking for all AWAY and CUP games, after the Green ST members Priority 1 sale but before General Sale. This does not appear to have changed.
With White membership you bought Priority 1 booking for ALL home league games ahead of General sale with 6 free tickets and then full price tickets for all games after your first 6 were used up. The club have not given much publicity to the change that after the use of your last free Home tickets on Flexi-Membership you lose the Home league booking priority and return to general sale without any priority. I can see how it has caused confusion if the club are relying on everyone knowing about the change because it's in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't go to away or cup games, Flexi-Members have lost any further membership privileges once the last of the 6 Home tickets is used. Perhaps this should have been better communicated to the fans buying Flexi-Memberships at the beginning of the season so that they could plan when to use their last ticket for the likely sell-out matches towards the end of the season.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/tickets/flexi-tickets/
Seems pretty clear from this

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
HC Green":1vcrcmmq said:
Southampton Green":1vcrcmmq said:

I agree, if you read it properly, it is clear.
Unfortunately, not everyone reads everything properly. If anyone had an expectation that it was going to be the same as, or very similar to, the old White Membership, then the big difference (the loss of Home league membership privileges after the use of the last of the 6 tickets was used) could have been specificaly mentioned. It's down to the professionalism of best communication in order to head off possible supporter disappointment later when someone realises that they haven't got what they thought they had bought because they hadn't read the blurb properly when they bought it. Their fault, caveat emptor. But, would be nice to head off possible problems in a community focussed club that wants to work with their "members" rather than letting them fall into what they might see as a trap because not everyone is clever enough to spot the difference from the last similar membership scheme.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I got to be honest, as a white member for many years I just presumed they had changed its name but I hadnā€™t read the small print. I take it I canā€™t keep one match back and get priority on games by buying tickets ?
It seams a bit unfair that flexi members wonā€™t get any priority 2 benefits on possible play off games or title deciders.

stewthenoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Southampton Green":75lhgkds said:
HC Green":75lhgkds said:
Southampton Green":75lhgkds said:

I agree, if you read it properly, it is clear.
Unfortunately, not everyone reads everything properly. If anyone had an expectation that it was going to be the same as, or very similar to, the old White Membership, then the big difference (the loss of Home league membership privileges after the use of the last of the 6 tickets was used) could have been specificaly mentioned. It's down to the professionalism of best communication in order to head off possible supporter disappointment later when someone realises that they haven't got what they thought they had bought because they hadn't read the blurb properly when they bought it. Their fault, caveat emptor. But, would be nice to head off possible problems in a community focussed club that wants to work with their "members" rather than letting them fall into what they might see as a trap because not everyone is clever enough to spot the difference from the last similar membership scheme.

Or perhaps, instead of "just assuming" things have remained the same, the onus IS on the purchaser to check the "small print"? There are 2 sides to the argument. Do you just click the link to say you agree with the T&Cs when you sign up for things on t'interweb without reading them?

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
HC Green":2sjijheq said:
Southampton Green":2sjijheq said:

It's not clear at all. Screen shot from part of the webpage above:

YiNVlNP.png

Under "Benefit" the first line suggests you get the priority for just the six home games
The second line suggests you get the priority for all home, away and cup tickets. The Club confirms that the away and cup ticketing priority is season long, and by association in the same sentence, this also applies to all home games irrespective of numbers of vouchers used.

These two lines are contradictory - both can't be true. I suspect this is a copy & paste error from previous seasons on the webpage.

I hadn't previously spotted this. I'm a flexi member and assumed that my home priority lasted all season, irrespective of how many vouchers I've used. This seems fair.

Am I missing something?

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Thatā€™s exactly how I interpreted it. Surely if you have supported the club and then bought more tickets why should you then be penalised by having your level 2 priority withdrawn ? There was never an issue with the white memberships .

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I've just bought my second Flexi 6 of the season. Pretty confident I'll have no problem using all 6 tickets and am grateful to the advice from Nicki in the ticket office. I do think that the rules around the various memberships could be made clearer on the website though.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
As most flexi members should have used up their allocation of games before the last few games would it be a good bit of PR by the club to allow them to have priority access to buy tickets for the remaining fixtures ?

Apr 13, 2006
Plymouth
Tried to get a ticket for the Exeter game today but because I've used all 6 of my allowance was told I couldn't have one and had to wait for general sale. The flexi ticket promised priority ticketing allocation as part of its sales pitch and people have stumped money up front for them only to find that to be a lie.
Once again Argyle your pooping on the regular supporters. I can't physically get to all the home games but bought the flexi ticket as the next best option. Working away I cant guarantee to be able to get in touch with the box office next week, so will probably miss out to the once a season brigade because Argyle won't reciprocate the loyalty I've shown.
Result one very angry and disillusioned fan.