If we develop the corners of the ground. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

If we develop the corners of the ground.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
My thoughts if we ever properly develop the corners.

1. Away fans held in "Bobby's garden corner, easy for the coaches to drop and collect.

2. Both ends to be Argyle fans, no playing into a hostile end at home.

3. This also removes the "Tunnel" problem.

4. Far easier to steward.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
quite like this solution, means everything can stay pretty much as it is an no-one will be upset.

Although, the if is the important work.

To be fair, if every ST holder convinced one mate to come along we'd need the extra capacity.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
5. It would look better.

6. Bigger capacity.

#Hopefullyoneday :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
pedro91":43x2zg83 said:
And how many would the corner hold???
Good point. I'd thought nowhere near enough to cover the 10% that we have to give away fans.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
edengreen":21z02g01 said:
Be enough for league 2 !

No, no it wouldn't. Regardless of how many away fans use the seats 10% still has to be viably offered. Only when teams in league two bring sod all are the other areas opened up for home fans and with the increase by populating the corners and presumably extending the Barn Park end of the grandstand you could look at nearly 2500 seats we have to have a capacity for.

Hence Exeter have to be offered 1750 for the return in March.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
The Barn Park corner would be problematic to fill in, as it restricts views from the Taverners bars and having to build above the dressing rooms and their associated mechanical systems. Also the access to the Mayflower seating area. As for the Devonport end the matchday stadium control office would have to be catered for, as it needs a clear view of the whole area not dependent on the CCTV cameras.

Aug 10, 2006
Willis88":2epeiar0 said:
quite like this solution, means everything can stay pretty much as it is an no-one will be upset.

Although, the if is the important work.

To be fair, if every ST holder convinced one mate to come along we'd need the extra capacity.
how many season tickets do you think have been sold ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The messy corner is REALLY annoying me now :lol:

It’s like looking at a beautiful woman with a huge zit on her face, or with a curry stain down her top.

No news on this Ginsters sponsored canvas cover thing, is there?

May 16, 2016
PAFC Norfolk":2iluv3h7 said:
The Barn Park corner would be problematic to fill in, as it restricts views from the Taverners bars and having to build above the dressing rooms and their associated mechanical systems. Also the access to the Mayflower seating area. As for the Devonport end the matchday stadium control office would have to be catered for, as it needs a clear view of the whole area not dependent on the CCTV cameras.

I dont think the loss of any view from the Members Bar would hold much sway on any decision to develop that Corner. The existence of the Changing Room Block would be a bit of a challenge for the Engineers for sure.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Guiri Green":333ae724 said:
PAFC Norfolk":333ae724 said:

I dont think the loss of any view from the Members Bar would hold much sway on any decision to develop that Corner. The existence of the Changing Room Block would be a bit of a challenge for the Engineers for sure.

I've got a funny feeling that filling in the Barn Park corner has already been thought of in the plans. It would of course be a challenge but the changing rooms are set back enough to allow a rake over the main building of the rooms and the doors onto the Juliet balcony could be incorporated into doors leading out onto the corner stand.

The other corner where the control room is at present could be a simple corner and the control room could be moved up into the top corner of the Grandstand that needs to be extended for the grandstand and the corner to match up.

I say this as a layman with no structural engineering knowledge whatsoever.