Storm Ciara | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Storm Ciara

Sep 13, 2003
Seeing as the storm is starting to take full effect in the UK, might be worth having a thread in regards to our game on Tuesday night. Are the team due to leave Plymouth tomorrow and stay overnight or travel up on the day?

Canary Wharf is like a wind tunnel at the best of times but had a hard job of standing upright on my way home from work this morning!

Weather yesterday in North/West Yorkshire yesterday was rather lively. Did a cross-country race on Sunday morning (yes, some people still do these after leaving school!) and we had horizontal hail. Thankfully today is drier, although still windy and rivers are very high, so train lines and roads are flooded.

M

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Forecast is for snow and Ice
I've got tickets but not going across the pennines if the forecast is correct football league total knobs! Scunthorpe, carlisle,macclesfield,salford stevenage , colchester and Bradford all games away in the worst months of the year
We get it crap at the best of times but this season takes the biscuit why couldn't a Cheltenham newport forest green or swindon be put in their somewhere? Even orient or walsall would have been better.
Should start away at carlisle and finish at home to them or vice versa
About time the league thought about it more
Also if your game is further than 300 miles from home it should be available on iplayer regardless of the time or day the match is played

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
edengreen":2fniruy7 said:
I've got tickets but not going across the pennines if the forecast is correct football league total knobs! Scunthorpe, carlisle,macclesfield,salford stevenage , colchester and Bradford all games away in the worst months of the year
We get it crap at the best of times but this season takes the biscuit why couldn't a Cheltenham newport forest green or swindon be put in their somewhere? Even orient or walsall would have been better.
Also if your game is further than 300 miles from home it should be available on iplayer regardless of the time or day the match is played

It's not that simplistic when organising the fixture calendar though.

Imagine the complaints if they swapped tomorrows set of fixtures with those when Argyle were away at Cheltenham. A shorter trip for Argyle tomorrow but there'd by a riot if Argyle were being asked to travel all the way to Salford on Boxing Day

When Argyle went to Forest Green, Morecambe were away at Crawley and Newport travelled to Grimsby.

Match set 39 when Argyle are at Leyton Orient which you give as another possibility for tomorrow, Exeter will be at Scunny and Forest Green at Bradford.

Most weeks somebody is travelling long distances in this league and unfortunately due to geography, Argyle do it more than most. There is no simple solution.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edengreen":3qc12e9w said:
We went to Carlisle for the last game a while ago and the Carlisle keeper scored with the last kick to save them from relegation.
1999, Glass, on loan from Swindon.

Jul 28, 2017
Emu":rocz65lr said:
The way things are going, could Storm Dennis have any effect on the Crewe match going ahead?

I was thinking the same. Forecast isnā€™t very good with a yellow weather warning already issued. Strong winds and heavy rain forecast for the middle part of the day

Jul 12, 2016
Devon General":12bv20tg said:
Emu":12bv20tg said:
The way things are going, could Storm Dennis have any effect on the Crewe match going ahead?

I was thinking the same. Forecast isnā€™t very good with a yellow weather warning already issued. Strong winds and heavy rain forecast for the middle part of the day
The forecasters can rarely tell you whats happening tomorrow let alone Saturday.