Salford City
Official website
Ground guide
Fans forum
Twitter

The Countdown to Salford

Sunday

The Salford Story
Formed in 1940 as Salford Central playing in local minor leagues, the club changed names in 1989 to Salford City and won the Northern Premier League in 2008.
The situation changed dramatically in 2014 when Singaporean businessman Peter Lim and the Manchester United 'class of 92' took over the club, Lim owning 50% and Gary and Phil Neville, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs owning 10% each with the target of Championship football within 15 years.
Four promotions in five seasons followed with another Manchester United player David Beckham becoming part-owner in January 2019 taking a 10% stake from Lim.
Salford were the subject of TV documentaries as average attendances at the Peninsula Stadium Moor Lane started to rocket -
2014/2015 - 383
2015/2016 - 642
2016/2017 - 1,395
2017/2018 - 1,626
2018/2019 - 2,509
2019/2020 so far - 3,102. Highest league attendance this season is 3,770 v Port Vale.
Salford season tickets for current season ticket holders were priced at just £125 while a new season ticket holder would pay £175, matchday ticket prices are at £10.
In July 2018 while a National League side Salford signed Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney for a reported transfer fee of £300,000 and a weekly wage of £4,000.

Paul Marsden is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he has issued 80 yellow cards and one red in 24 games. He was the referee for Argyle's 3-1 win at Scunthorpe United in January. He will be assisted on Tuesday by Ian Smedley and Alix Pashley while the fourth official is Steve Rushton.

Free agent Darren Gibson signed for Salford at the end of last week. The former Sunderland and Manchester United midfielder signed a deal until the end of the season.

Former Argyle player Oscar Threlkeld has been a regular for Salford this season, making 24 appearances so far, Kyle Letheren has also played in several games - he was first choice keeper in the early games of this season and again has been picked as number one keeper for recent games.
Former Pilgrims forward Jake Jervis is on loan at Salford from Luton Town and has scored five goals in 24 games.

Only standing tickets available .... club website

The weather forecast for the game is showers, breezy and a temperature of 5.

Monday

The game will be shown live on iFollow for UK subscribers.

Inside Salford City

Car parking
There is no parking available at the ground for visiting supporters, plus the streets in the immediate vicinity of the ground have a residents only scheme in operation. So please check signage on lamp posts for details of parking restrictions, as wardens out on patrol in force on matchdays.
For most matches, the club operates a Park & Ride service from the IT Lab premises, on the Agecroft Industrial Estate (M27 8SJ) at a cost of £2.

According to Sky Bet Salford are favourites to win with odds of 6/4, an Argyle win is placed at 17/10 while the draw is on offer at 9/4.

Salford have won four games at home this season, losing six and drawing six.

Tuesday

Argyle have played Salford just once before - the 2-2 draw at Home Park in August earlier this season in front of a 11,405 crowd, the third highest home attendance this season, match highlights .. You Tube

Ryan Lowe talked about his team selection for the game ...
“Joel Grant has come on against Colchester, Fadz has come on and Ryan Taylor has come on, and it gives me a selection headache, and that is what I want.
“There were probably one or two that looked a little bit tired as well on Saturday.
“So maybe that’s catching up with them, but it’s for me to make those decisions whether I make any changes.”
“Ryan came on the pitch and won every aerial duel and got hold of the ball, and possibly should have had a few fouls for us which weren’t given.
“Salford are a good team with some good players. They had a good January transfer window.
“Graham Alexander is doing a good job there but what we have got to do us get back to being us, Argyle, and that’s what we will look to do.”

The cover of the matchday programme ...

The programme is available for free download .... Salford club website

Matchday information .... Salford club website

Argyle fans have snapped up just under 1,000 tickets. The Home Park ticket office will sell tickets until 10am, Salford will then advise if pay on the day is available.

Ryan Lowe looks ahead to the game ....
“The lads know their jobs and we will take the positives from the last 30-odd games into Salford. We will look at their weaknesses and how we can nullify their strengths. They’re a good team, they’ve had a good transfer window in January but what we’ve got to do is getting back to being us.”

Sep 6, 2006
I'd go flat back 4, drop Bakinsaw, Josh Grant in front of defence Cooper wide midfield Edwards back in Midfield and just Taylor up front.Get a point at least.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Can’t say I would want to see Taylor start. Why are we thinking of dropping Jephcott who has scored five goals in seven games? Is he supposed to score every game, otherwise he’s out?

Might be academic anyway. Got to be a chance the game will be off given the current weather.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Lets hope they cover the pitch, Oldham is a swimming pool. I have given up picking up my big pot plants and its forecast until Wednesday. Bog snorkeling anyone?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Tom Cobbley":2f6lv7kr said:
Lets hope they cover the pitch, Oldham is a swimming pool. I have given up picking up my big pot plants and its forecast until Wednesday. Bog snorkeling anyone?
Ah, is this the "Talk" of the game being in danger if this weather continues? :think:

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I think he will start the same team apart from having cooper on the bench and mcfadzean starting and try to be more solid as a defensive unit. One poor game doesn't automatically undo what's gone before, have some faith my fellow greens,
Pete

Dec 3, 2005
Well if Man City's game was postponed due to weather - there will be a chance that this game will go that way.

Jan 2, 2020
Fully expecting a response. Lose this and we could find ourselves 6 points off the promotion spots which will not be ideal with Crewe at home on Saturday.

Jan 2, 2020
Devongreenowl":1dluntwr said:
There’s been a response after every league defeat. We’ve never lost two on the bounce under Lowe. (Fingers crossed).

Announcing 2-1 loss tomorrow.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Salford weather forecast

Today - gusty wind and hail showers
Tuesday - strong winds and sleet showers

Weather at 8pm - 4C, wind easing, but 40% chance of showers

Can't see it being called off.
Can't see it being a great game given the conditions

Jephcott to score winner

COYG :scarf: