Lowe's response... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe's response...

Sep 6, 2006
Is a bit worrying to me. He talks about 3 bad goals conceded as if that was all that was wrong. They could have easily scored 5 or 6 in the first half alone! The system was wrong, players were played out of position and some shouldnt have been playing at all e.g. Jephcott. Does he see that? Would have more respect for him if he accepted some responsibility. He talks about doing his research on teams. Did he not realize they have quality out wide and if we set up to let them play we would struggle?

Mar 8, 2016
Letā€™s sack him and appoint Balham!! I canā€™t believe heā€™s played jephcott, the player that has scored 5 goals in as many games and won player of the month, whatā€™s Lowe thinking?
Lowe response to the media will be different to the one the players get Iā€™m sure.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I still fully support Lowe despite yesterday's shambolic performance which he was mostly responsible for.

Generally, he had been a much needed breath of fresh air at HP but he got it wrong big time yesterday.

I know he wants to attack and get players going forward, but there are certain games where you have to take a slightly more cautious approach and yesterday was such a day.

With the pace they have in their side, the way that Lowe set Argyle up was exactly what Colchester would have wanted, he played right into their hands.

Football is a squad game, not a team game and he put the wrong team out yesterday.

Lowe is still relatively inexperienced as a Manager and he insists on staying true to his footballing beliefs which is refreshing, but that can also be naive.

Hopefully, he will have learned from yesterday and will realise that there are games where you have to adopt a more pragmatic approach.

Sep 6, 2006
Army green":1j6o859m said:
Balham_Green":1j6o859m said:
Is a bit worrying to me. He talks about 3 bad goals conceded as if that was all that was wrong. They could have easily scored 5 or 6 in the first half alone! The system was wrong, players were played out of position and some shouldnt have been playing at all e.g. Jephcott. Does he see that? Would have more respect for him if he accepted some responsibility. He talks about doing his research on teams. Did he not realize they have quality out wide and if we set up to let them play we would struggle?

Letā€™s sack him and appoint Balham!! I canā€™t believe heā€™s played jephcott, the player that has scored 5 goals in as many games and won player of the month, whatā€™s Lowe thinking?
Lowe response to the media will be different to the one the players get Iā€™m sure.

Cheers mate. Im up for it. Just have to give a months notice. In case you hadnt noticed Jephcott has already been previously dropped by Lowe and he himself admits he needs to be 'protected'. But you know best.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":4ab258cb said:
I still fully support Lowe despite yesterday's shambolic performance which he was mostly responsible for.

Generally, he had been a much needed breath of fresh air at HP but he got it wrong big time yesterday.

I know he wants to attack and get players going forward, but there are certain games where you have to take a slightly more cautious approach and yesterday was such a day.

With the pace they have in their side, the way that Lowe set Argyle up was exactly what Colchester would have wanted, he played right into their hands.

Football is a squad game, not a team game and he put the wrong team out yesterday.

Lowe is still relatively inexperienced as a Manager and he insists on staying true to his footballing beliefs which is refreshing, but that can also be naive.

Hopefully, he will have learned from yesterday and will realise that there are games where you have to adopt a more pragmatic approach.

Exactly Demport. Got the tactics badly wrong yesterday but also playing players out of position is a recipe for disaster. Bakinson looked a little boy lost for example in front of the defence.

I agree - maybe for the first time, BG ?

But, your further points are also correct.

Were our players playing out of position ?

No !!

Did we have ANYBODY playing as they can ?

No !!

And yet, we see them play [so often] play quite well ?

NOBODY can come out of that game with head held high....................NOBODY !!

I agree with BG - it SHOULD have been worse during the 1st half - and NOBODYshould escape !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
He's had to allow Cooper to continue up to this point at LWB because he's justified his inclusion with his assists and McFadzean has been unfit. He has also had Sawyer to bail him out, but in recent weeks his performances have nose-dived spectacularly and yesterday will have been the last straw, particularly with the petulant booking being the icing on the cake.
The damage had been done by HT and perhaps McFadzean is not yet at 100%, but I would be shocked to see Cooper at LWB again. Errington's piece in the herald summarises what we've all been seeing (apart from a select group in block 14 who see Cooper as some sort of spray-tanned Jesus). The lad may well just be what we need, just higher up the park where he isn't causing gaping holes in the defence and giving the left centre half a headache

Sep 6, 2006
[*]
TinTin":16352j5r said:
I agree - maybe for the first time, BG ?

But, your further points are also correct.

Were our players playing out of position ?

No !!

Did we have ANYBODY playing as they can ?

No !!

And yet, we see them play [so often] play quite well ?

NOBODY can come out of that game with head held high....................NOBODY !!

I agree with BG - it SHOULD have been worse during the 1st half - and NOBODYshould escape !!

But there were players playing out of position Tin Tin. Cooper Bakinson Josh Grant possibly Moore.

Sep 6, 2006
up_the_line":2a1igmti said:
He's had to allow Cooper to continue up to this point at LWB because he's justified his inclusion with his assists and McFadzean has been unfit. He has also had Sawyer to bail him out, but in recent weeks his performances have nose-dived spectacularly and yesterday will have been the last straw, particularly with the petulant booking being the icing on the cake.
The damage had been done by HT and perhaps McFadzean is not yet at 100%, but I would be shocked to see Cooper at LWB again. Errington's piece in the herald summarises what we've all been seeing (apart from a select group in block 14 who see Cooper as some sort of spray-tanned Jesus). The lad may well just be what we need, just higher up the park where he isn't causing gaping holes in the defence and giving the left centre half a headache

Its horses for courses. Perhaps play Cooper at home v lesser opposition but not away from home when we are going to come under the cosh against a good side. Incredibly naive management.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":1qowzf61 said:
up_the_line":1qowzf61 said:

Its horses for courses. Perhaps play Cooper at home v lesser opposition but not away from home when we are going to come under the cosh against a good side. Incredibly naive management.

Agreed but I get the feeling McFadzean wasn't 100% but still had to go on as a damage limitation exercise yesterday.

Sep 6, 2006
up_the_line":g0g8vx5c said:
Balham_Green":g0g8vx5c said:
up_the_line":g0g8vx5c said:

Agreed but I get the feeling McFadzean wasn't 100% but still had to go on as a damage limitation exercise yesterday.

McFadzean got skinned by their centre half yesterday. :facepalm:

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":141ho14u said:
up_the_line":141ho14u said:
Balham_Green":141ho14u said:
up_the_line":141ho14u said:

McFadzean got skinned by their centre half yesterday. :facepalm:

As I say.. Not match sharp.

I thought one or two were possibles ?

Cooper was outrageously poor ?

Palmer was hesitant or good ?

Wootton and Cavanan were hesitant and indecisive ?

Moore was a liability ?

Mayor was Mayor and a lightweight - why DOES he give the ball away so easily ?

Apart from these, the rest were poor or even worse ?

Maybe Josh Grant earns a small credit ?

Jul 12, 2016
demportdave":vbe9yeej said:

Spot on. For what it's worth I would drop Palmer for Cooper in goal on Tuesday,start with Mc Fadzean and bring back Edwards to replace Bakinson.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Iā€™d keep Palmer, drop Cooper for Fadz, Bakinson for Edwards and Jephcott for Taylor.

If Lowe was willing to change his formation Iā€™d have another CM in with Sarcevic and move Mayor up just behind the striker.