Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Really, really good football teams get beaten. And beaten heavily.

We were the form team in the entire country aside from Liverpool before today, and we’re still doing incredibly well, but there are many drawing conclusions and wanting change based on one game.

You know you have real problems when there’s a pattern of bad form, but rushing to conclusions after one bad day at the office is totally counter-productive and reactionary. This is where Lowe and Argyle hold their nerve, stick to their guns and keep doing the things that have made us increasingly look like the best side in the division.

We went on a ridiculous run of form after the Exeter debacle, if this defeat focuses minds and produces another remotely similar run of form, then we will be going up automatically :thumbup:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We're playing a style of football that will leave us susceptible to the occasional heavy defeat, hence why people focus in on those rare occasions, like when a plane crashes despite it being an extremely safe form of transport, for want of a better analogy. What people don't focus on enough are the majority of games in which that same style leads us to being very, very good.

Aug 4, 2011
The thing that worries me is the lack of fight and effort. The style of football is better, there is still a time and a place for “blood and snotters” to coin a luggyism

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
football-bet-data":1aemnp73 said:
The thing that worries me is the lack of fight and effort. The style of football is better, there is still a time and a place for “blood and snotters” to coin a luggyism

I thought we showed that fight in bucketloads against FGR (A), Cheltenham (A), Stevenage (A) and Newport (H), among others.

Aug 4, 2011
Cobi Budge":dce1rb9g said:
football-bet-data":dce1rb9g said:

I thought we showed that fight in bucketloads against FGR (A), Cheltenham (A), Stevenage (A) and Newport (H), among others.
Sorry was referring to yesterday. Even the home based commentators couldn’t believe the body language of our players second half

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
football-bet-data":2myjdkmh said:
Cobi Budge":2myjdkmh said:
football-bet-data":2myjdkmh said:

Sorry was referring to yesterday. Even the home based commentators couldn’t believe the body language of our players second half

Ah, fair enough, thought you meant in general.

Sep 6, 2006
[iframe][/iframe]
Biggs":21qq2ua5 said:

We were the form team in the entire country aside from Liverpool before today, and we’re still doing incredibly well, but there are many drawing conclusions and wanting change based on one game.

You know you have real problems when there’s a pattern of bad form, but rushing to conclusions after one bad day at the office is totally counter-productive and reactionary. This is where Lowe and Argyle hold their nerve, stick to their guns and keep doing the things that have made us increasingly look like the best side in the division.

We went on a ridiculous run of form after the Exeter debacle, if this defeat focuses minds and produces another remotely similar run of form, then we will be going up automatically :thumbup:

So when was the last time we played well?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We get beat like we did yesterday because the opposition knew our weaknesses and exploited them well.

Other teams knew our weaknesses and couldn’t quite execute it.

Colchester and Exeter did,

Other teams could have and we were fortunate they didn’t.

I like what we try to do but I still think we have a pretty disjointed 11.

Jul 12, 2016
Biggs":148fcnkq said:

Increasing looking like the best side in the division.
:funny:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The last time we played our wonderful brand of football in my opinion was Carlisle away, we could have won that 6/7 - 0.

Jul 12, 2016
Tugboat":lmj9t2ds said:
We get beat like we did yesterday because the opposition knew our weaknesses and exploited them well.

Other teams knew our weaknesses and couldn’t quite execute it.

Colchester and Exeter did,

Other teams could have and we were fortunate they didn’t.

I like what we try to do but I still think we have a pretty disjointed 11.
:thumbup:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":zonfredo said:
Biggs":zonfredo said:

Increasing looking like the best side in the division.
:funny:

Well the league table shows us 6 points off the top with two in hand and the form table had us the best team in the country bar Liverpool, so I’d be curious to know how that’s such a ridiculous statement :thumbup:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
More the manner of defeat than the 3-0, looked a side who thought they could turn up and tap it around and polish the recent awards during the half time tea break.

Understand Lowe not changing things quickly, you need to find out who has the heart when things are going terribly. Worked at Exiter. He must have learnt loads again.

Even in our good spell which every top half team has, the weaknesses weren’t that well hidden, but there has been fight, just not a 46 game thing, the manager isn’t savvy enough to achieve that. Sawyer clearly a miss, good for him, pleasant surprise in him coming back well from last year’s disgrace. This disjointed squad has play off potential likely no more, but who’d fancy needing a goal in the playoffs and having to bring on Taylor and Grant, no manager can make a silk purse out of that, it’s a really week bench attack wise, neither of them should be in top half L2.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mansfield did the same but didn’t have the clinical finish-in the final 3rd.

I don’t think we are in control of a match as much as we think. If the opposition have a finish they can beat us.

May 16, 2016
Ryan Lowe often says we are sticking to a certain way of playing, and to his Credit, he does. Unfortunately, that can go against us as the 'anti Argyle' Blueprint has been laid down.

He referred to us digging it out in the latter stages of the last Home Game v Newport, but I saw that as us basically having little choice other than hoofed clearances due to them having sussed out our weaknesses and putting us under pressure. Yesterday, the opposition had the ability to finish - That's the main difference between the Teams that have sussed us out.