• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Crewe - a must win game?

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Surely, even at this stage of the season, if we want to be challenging for an automatic promotion place, we have to get 3 points on Saturday? But with the frailty of our defence so dramatically exposed against Colchester, I fear a draw may be regarded as a good result. Crewe has strung together a good run of results and will be tough opponents. What’s the view of other PASOTIs?

Feb 4, 2020
I have highlighted this v difficult Feb phase in other posts.

If either Salford goes badly (or is postponed bcz d weather)..then Yes..Crewe is defo set up as a classic 6 pointer....a real test of our ability against a traditionally good skillful side.

Tbh...without being negative about our prospects..I am a little apprehensive at present time

Apr 4, 2004
Don't be silly. Of course we want to win every game but people need to get their heads around the fact that there are some very good teams in this league. We are one of them too but on any given match day, pretty much any outcome is possible. Including losses. If we have a rough spell ( which happens) I would like to think the we can keep the hysteria down to a sensible level and just back the boys rather than heap extra pressure on. :scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":goq91oas said:
Me too. We haven’t lost two league games on the trot all season and I don’t think we are going to start now.
Oh well that's it then.The Manager's curse worked on Saturday and now you have tempted fate. Twill be at least two defeats this week!

Aug 5, 2016
'Must win' means a draw is no good to us?

If Argyle and Crewe get a point, the table and the promotion situation is virtually unchanged and there are well over a dozen games to play. It really isn't must win, but we could really do with not losing it.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
'Must-win' might be over-egging it, but for sure victory against rivals for automatic promotion would be a hell of a boost going into the last dozen games or so, and on top of that, it's a legitimate 'promotion six pointer' if we are serious about being in the top 3 come season's end.

With that said I'm not sure it would be the end of the world if the Salford game's called off tomorrow night, come at it fresh on Saturday and bring home 3 points..

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Personally, I hope the Salford game is on. I’d rather the team get the chance to correct Saturday's poor result with a good away performance, rather than going straight into a home game. Let’s face it, our home support can be a bit fickle to say the least and the moaning will soon start if Crewe get on top early in the game. Salford have been poor at home, losing six games, drawing six and losing four. Conceded more goals than they’ve scored, so every reason for Argyle to think they can add to their list of away wins.