'You don't win anything with kids'! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'You don't win anything with kids'!

Sep 6, 2006
Average age of the side on Saturday was 24. Helps explain the shambolic performance and the basic errors.

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
How many different threads are going to get started saying basically the same ā€œweā€™re doomedā€ message. Get a grip and keep it going on one thread, folks.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":8z2wzt3s said:
Oh dear. This is getting pathetic now.

Anything constructive to say? Its a perfectly valid argument. Inexperienced players learning their trade make basic errors so respect the point rather than make a stupid statement just because you dont agree. You seem to think you know better than the rest of us on here. You clearly don't.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":2rq9icxt said:
Devongreenowl":2rq9icxt said:
Oh dear. This is getting pathetic now.

Anything constructive to say? Its a perfectly valid argument. Inexperienced players learning their trade make basic errors so respect the point rather than make a stupid statement just because you dont agree. You seem to think you know better than the rest of us on here. You clearly don't.

Are you implying that the 'rest of us on here' believe that you are right and DGOwl is wrong?? :think:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
You tell me who made the errors then BG as you have so much to say about it. Most of the defensive errors this season have been made between Canavan and Wootton both 28. Mayor gave the ball away for one of the goals heā€™s 29.
Just exactly why are the younger players to blame for Saturdays bad result?

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Maybe you could give us the average age of the team when winning 7 out of the last 9 games before Saturday, Balham.

Mar 8, 2016
It may not be the reason for the goals conceded on Saturday but Itā€™s a valid point raised I think. I didnā€™t realise the average age was that young. At this level players will always be inconsistent but the younger lads even more so. Bakinson being the prime example, heā€™s been very hit and miss so far hasnā€™t he.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
BG posted, October 2019:

' .... it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I ... '

:think:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pogleswoody":3e546qul said:
BG posted, October 2019:

' .... it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I ... '

Post of the year Pogles. :D

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Army green":25uceyek said:
It may not be the reason for the goals conceded on Saturday but Itā€™s a valid point raised I think. I didnā€™t realise the average age was that young. At this level players will always be inconsistent but the younger lads even more so. Bakinson being the prime example, heā€™s been very hit and miss so far hasnā€™t he.

I agree that Bakinson hasnā€™t looked that comfortable in the games Iā€™ve seen AG. But bloody hell, somebody must have been playing well in this good run weā€™ve had! Jephcotts scored five in seven, Hardies scored three or four I think. Cooper is a young player who in my opinion isnt as good as some think. For me, the inconsistency all season has come from players like Wootton, Canavan and sorry to say it, Mayor. Average age 28. As usual, BG is disingenuous in his facts. The average age of the starting line up was much nearer 25 than 24 and there is plenty of experience in that side with 5 players in the starting line up aged 27 or over. I feel there is a good balance of youth and experience and BG is just moaning for the sake of it, as is his wont.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":1x1nic5z said:
BG posted, October 2019:

Pogles - heā€™s filing his nails as theyā€™re dragging the lake! :thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":1yvfgj94 said:
Pogleswoody":1yvfgj94 said:
BG posted, October 2019:

Post of the year Pogles. :D

It would be post of the year except for a minor point! I never wrote it. You may not have much to do with your time Pogles if you look back at posts from months ago but you owe me an apology. I would never advocate playing Randell. Never seen him play!