Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 12 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Salford 2 - 3 Argyle .... match report

Salford match highlights .... Sky Sports

Ryan Lowe talks about the game... club website
"Early on in the season, we had a few question marks on whether we could keep doing that but that’s what good teams do; good lads and good staff gelling together as one big family.
“Especially with the 1,100 Green Army behind us as well on a Tuesday, it is fantastic, and I couldn’t have asked for a better response from Saturday."

The fantastic away support and miles travelled this season:
Crewe - 1,700, miles - 504
Newport - 1,039, miles - 274
Northampton - 1,291, miles - 462
Port Vale - 735, miles - 488
Crawley - 800, miles - 462
Mansfield - 550, miles - 532
Swindon - 2,300, miles - 323
Exeter - 1,154, miles - 92
Forest Green Rovers - 1,224, miles -298
Cambridge - 843, miles - 566
Cheltenham - 1,222, miles - 318
Scunthorpe - 400, miles - 636
Carlisle - 567, miles - 778
Stevenage - 1,195, miles - 472
Colchester - 1,037, miles - 560
Salford - 1,005, miles - 584
Average away attendance - 1,066, the highest in League Two.

An interview with former Argyle analyst Matt Neil who is now at Rotherham United .. Link

Defender Scott Wootton talks about the last minute winner against Salford .... club website
"To score in the last minute away from home, with the number of fans on a Tuesday night, all this way, is unbelievable.”
A detailed analysis of Danny Mayor's season .... Link

Loanee Tafari Moore was again missing from the Colchester United squad for Tuesday's home defeat against Grimsby Town.

Ryan Lowe talks about Antoni Sarcevic and the fans ... club website
"These characters I’ve got are special lads, they fight for each other, they fight for me, fight for the staff and we also fight for them.
“Ultimately, they’re fighting for the Green Army and I heard a couple of them say before the game, ‘look at the fans we’ve got here today boys, we’ve got to send them home smiling’. They’ve had a five-hour trip and some of them are back at work this morning."

Striker Ryan Taylor has picked up a knock in the Colchester game on the same foot that has recently kept him sidelined, Ryan Lowe explains ...
“When he came on against Colchester he took a whack on the same foot.
“He has actually gone home to Sheffield because we can get scans there quicker than we can in Plymouth.
“Hopefully it’s not too bad but he has took a nasty whack. He had only been on the pitch for five minutes.
“He’s not having the best of luck at the moment. Dave Galley booked a scan for him in Sheffield.
“So he travelled up with the lads on Monday and we let him off halfway and he went to Sheffield to see his family."

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A very interesting piece about Matt Neill there and the role he plays at Rotherham.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Was there any news on Ryan Taylor's absence last night? Had expected he might start after Lowe's praise after Colchester.

Assume injured again hence Telford playing 45 mins Monday and being on bench at Salford.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
I cant believe its quicker to get scans done and results back by travelling to Sheffield than it is to get it done in Plymouth. That is a pretty poor state really, you would have thought it could be done in the South West at least.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jerryatricjanner":2vhu1h3z said:
A very interesting piece about Matt Neill there and the role he plays at Rotherham.

It was a nice to see the lad doing well.

Mind you I’m sure how he can say ‘no egos’ with Ladapo strutting around!