One outstanding Bury recruit to date..Byron | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

One outstanding Bury recruit to date..Byron

Feb 4, 2020
This guy came late to Home Park.with zero fanfare..what a revelation compared to all the other golden Bury 'Stars'..either mediocre or injured....Byron plays every game no matter what position asked admirably....so versatile.
We are v fortunate to have Byron....several other Gigg Lane Brigade still to convince tbh..Step up Guys!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sarcevic is still my player of the season, purely because he's had a very good full season whereas Moore was injured for the early part of the season and missed several games.

There's no doubt Moore has been not only the best ex-Bury player but also the best signing. He's our best right wing back and also one of our best strikers!
He's always on the move, great close control and good stamina.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I agree that Moore has been excellent and he was the player I thought we didn’t need.

I disagree with your comment about the other players from Bury. Telford has been good when he’s not been injured, same for Aimson who by all accounts has had a serious injury.

McFadzean has been vastly underrated and for me has been one of our players of the season.

Mayor has been largely pretty good, if not a touch underwhelming, but I do not think he needs to “step up”. If he scored a few more goals nobody would be criticising him. His contribution is far more clever than just sticking the ball in the net, which is what his play is allowing others to do.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Lesley Somerville":2ivdbnz1 said:
I agree with the praise but don't feel the need to slate the other Bury players. They are all contributing.

Agreed. Sounds like a side swipe at other Ex bury players... I’d certainly not include Danny Mayor in that list who I think who’s overall contribution has been really good. You don’t get to having the most dribbles in league 2 if you’re not contributing...

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1kva0iz7 said:
Lesley Somerville":1kva0iz7 said:
I agree with the praise but don't feel the need to slate the other Bury players. They are all contributing.

Agreed. Sounds like a side swipe at other Ex bury players... I’d certainly not include Danny Mayor in that list who I think who’s overall contribution has been really good. You don’t get to having the most dribbles in league 2 if you’re not contributing...
Surely you can dribble the ball without contributing very little .It depends what you do with it eventually. Similar to out defenders that might have the most possession but if they pass it half a dozen times before anything happens or make the wrong pass what's the point?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
How do you transport the ball from defence to attack Oldage?

The old trusted lump up field? Clearly not something we are designed to do when the centre forwards of choice aren't natural headers of the ball, or built to hold the ball up with a 6'4" centre back climbing all over them.

Short passes and movement - this is the preferred option, but on a bumpy pitch in poor conditions, against a team willing to press high up the field its clearly very dangerous.

Or you can dribble, if you are able to beat a man, or draw players to you, you create gaps for others to exploit.

In Mayor we have someone who does the latter, how many other players in League 2 have that ability? From what i've seen very few. If the end product was perfect he'd be playing Championship football somewhere closer to home.

Any player who is able to create gaps or draw players out of position in a team that wants to play pass and move is like absolutely vital. These are the players who are most guilty of giving the ball away as they are the ones you are asking to take risks. I'm sure Mayor could stand in the centre circle and pick out easy passes all day long, but we would then lack creativity - you cant have it all!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Voice_of_Reason":32b4vtzj said:

The old trusted lump up field? Clearly not something we are designed to do when the centre forwards of choice aren't natural headers of the ball, or built to hold the ball up with a 6'4" centre back climbing all over them.

Short passes and movement - this is the preferred option, but on a bumpy pitch in poor conditions, against a team willing to press high up the field its clearly very dangerous.

Or you can dribble, if you are able to beat a man, or draw players to you, you create gaps for others to exploit.

In Mayor we have someone who does the latter, how many other players in League 2 have that ability? From what i've seen very few. If the end product was perfect he'd be playing Championship football somewhere closer to home.

Any player who is able to create gaps or draw players out of position in a team that wants to play pass and move is like absolutely vital. These are the players who are most guilty of giving the ball away as they are the ones you are asking to take risks. I'm sure Mayor could stand in the centre circle and pick out easy passes all day long, but we would then lack creativity - you cant have it all!

Refreshing to read such a sensible, football-literate post

Jul 12, 2016
Voice_of_Reason":1om6iuvh said:

Surely you can make a short pass forward rather than sideways or backwards? The more passes you make the more likely you are to make a mistake and the moves are so ponderous the opposition have plenty of time to counter.

Apr 4, 2004
Voice_of_Reason":3hbvkter said:

That really is bang on the money and a superb post. I agree 100%.

I'll add Mayor is a game changer. He one of the few that with the ball at his feet, can get the whole of the opposition running back towards their own goal in utter panic.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Oldage, watch Liverpool and Man City this weekend - both excellent football sides, they will make as many backwards or sideways passes as they do forward.

Why? To move people around, to try and create space, catch out the lazy player who sin't defending as they should.

Also if you have 5 of your own players in front of you being covered by sometimes 9 defenders, there isn't a pass, so you can pass it sideways, backwards or dribble with it to try and move the defenders around.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He’s been excellent, seems to go about things quietly but so efficient and effective, both at RWB and up top.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
PL2 3DQ":12v13ful said:
Sarcevic is still my player of the season, purely because he's had a very good full season whereas Moore was injured for the early part of the season and missed several games.

There's no doubt Moore has been not only the best ex-Bury player but also the best signing. He's our best right wing back and also one of our best strikers!
He's always on the move, great close control and good stamina.

Agree with this, Player of Season - Sarc, then Moore, Palmer next for me.

I think Moore's movement, versatilty, stamina and pace are best attributes. If he could improve his finishing he would be a helluva player.

On the other ex-Bury players - I know Mayor had the hype about him and hasn't scored or assisted many but if you look at how many goals he is involved in leading up to them when he draws an extra man, opens up space for others his contribution is really important. He has done this a few time for Cooper especially.

Telford, Aimson all had their moments but hard to tell due to injuries and Mcfadz is solid going forward but needs a better final ball.