Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Last night's game was just about playable after a distinct drop in wind speed.
But the Storm Dennis forecast has Saturday marked down for even worse wind-speeds in the Plymouth area and has warned of injury danger.
Would it be sensible for the club to preemptively postpone Saturday's game so that both Argyle and Crewe fans don't setvoff on hazardous journeys?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GTTB Resurgam":nrpqkaga said:
Does not look good at all. I have a feeling many games will be called off this weekend.

Like I say last night was just about playable.
65mph winds and 97% chance of heavy rain all of Saturday.
In a way I'd rather it was played on a day that both teams would prefer.
In those conditions are not going to be recommended to travel unless necessary

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our pitch is very good for taking rain so that won't be a problem, it's the wind that will cause issues with gusts of around 60+mph forecast (Wind speed used to be measured in forces back in the day).
The Man City v West Ham game last weekend was postponed in the interests of supporter and staff safety.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Never know might be the levelling force we need to help our chances against a strong Crewe side.

On the other hand, has someone checked the bolts on the roof?

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
That is not what I'm seeing on my computer. The forecast winds for the time of the game is 70mph+ which is an increase on yesterdays speed. I only live about 12 minutes walk away. For the first time in my life life I will almost certainly not be going.

Apr 9, 2011
Just looked on forecast we use which is usually pretty accurate & unfortunately the height of the storm is set to hit us here in the SW Sat afternoon with torrential rain & wind speeds in excess of 70 mph. Real safety issues here someone needs to make a decision on this not faff around & call it off about 1 on Saturday! as like it or not this storm ain't gonna go away!

Jul 12, 2016
Haven't checked my pine cone and piece of seaweed yet!
Generally more accurate than the weather forecast.

Jun 27, 2019
phil-thefluter24":hg42bp0r said:
Just looked on forecast we use which is usually pretty accurate & unfortunately the height of the storm is set to hit us here in the SW Sat afternoon with torrential rain & wind speeds in excess of 70 mph. Real safety issues here someone needs to make a decision on this not faff around & call it off about 1 on Saturday! as like it or not this storm ain't gonna go away!

Problem is, if the club calls it off now and we all wake up to clear skies and a mild breeze on Saturday then everyone will moan like mad.

Storms have been known to change direction or not be as severe as forecast.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Met office already saying it’s not as severe as Ciara and as rightly pointed out they have a habit of changing direction. No way the club can call it off until the morning of the game at the earliest. As someone who relies on weather forecasts for my work, I know how often the met office forecast doesn’t materialise.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
As it stands at the moment. Could change before Saturday.

49529489901_a382e15805_z.jpg

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PL2 3DQ":2kdcsss4 said:
(Wind speed used to be measured in forces back in the day)
It still is for the offshore forecasts. The Met Office seem to think that 60 mph winds means more to the GBP than Storm Force 10. In most cases I suspect the difference between various strong wind speeds is not something people can differentiate.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argylegames":1sjd9i1s said:
PL2 3DQ":1sjd9i1s said:
(Wind speed used to be measured in forces back in the day)
It still is for the offshore forecasts. The Met Office seem to think that 60 mph winds means more to the GBP than Storm Force 10. In most cases I suspect the difference between various strong wind speeds is not something people can differentiate.

Also back in the day we had to wait until the 6pm news to find out the weather or look out the window to find it's a bit blowy today. Now we have phone apps to find out instantly the forecast and scare the poo out of us! :)