Crowds (Salford) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crowds (Salford)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I thought, as they were new to the EFL, they have a couple of years to comply with FFP.

I know there are no controls in the National League

Sep 13, 2003
How much are the best players on? I heard rumours of 9k a week... that can't be true? If it is they should be walking the league.

I enjoyed my time in Manchester the past two nights but give me a proper ground like Oldham any day of the week! It was nice to stand on a terrace but the whole setup of a football club in the middle of nowhere with such a crap support (bankrolled by a bunch of ex footballers) is doomed. Just look at the Rushden and Diamonds project Salford!

The famous 5 or whatever they are called should have invested in Bury.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Clarke_B":1l6gkth6 said:
How much are the best players on? I heard rumours of 9k a week... that can't be true? If it is they should be walking the league.

I enjoyed my time in Manchester the past two nights but give me a proper ground like Oldham any day of the week! It was nice to stand on a terrace but the whole setup of a football club in the middle of nowhere with such a crap support (bankrolled by a bunch of ex footballers) is doomed. Just look at the Rushden and Diamonds project Salford!

Well, I’m glad they didn’t but it is intriguing to wonder where we would be if they had and RL stayed as their manager.

Fortunately for us it’s hypothetical.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Devongreenowl":2jlk7n1f said:
Whilst on the subject of crowds, what about the abysmal attendances at Sid James. Top 3 nearly all season and they can’t get more than 4K through the gate.

A bit harsh DGO.

They did manage almost 8,000 back in October. Mind you that was against PAFC!

Best "other" attendances this season are 5,968 (vs Newport), 5,435 (vs Swindon), and 5,312 (vs FGR).

It seems that they can pull about 4,500 of their own fans (when doing well), plus whatever the opposition bring.

Tuesday games - somewhat less. Bingo night?

It's not great, but - hey hoe - that's who they are.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
What I thought was odd was that Salford's attendance was one of their lowest of the season. Strange considering that Argyle are promotion chasers. For an away side to have nearly 50% of the overall attendance whilst playing nearly 300 miles away on a Tuesday night, that doesn't happen often. Rochdale away in 2002 comes to mind, but that was a promotion clincher, so kind of understandable.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Long my they continue to fail to achieve anything.

It's rich owners and their play things that damage the pyramid. But the EFL are too timid to do anything about it.

FFP should apply the second you join the league and you should be forced to sell or not play players until it's balanced out.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Bezza":nkiu2ubw said:
What I thought was odd was that Salford's attendance was one of their lowest of the season. Strange considering that Argyle are promotion chasers. For an away side to have nearly 50% of the overall attendance whilst playing nearly 300 miles away on a Tuesday night, that doesn't happen often. Rochdale away in 2002 comes to mind, but that was a promotion clincher, so kind of understandable.

It would have been their core support. Their support Saturdays would be boosted by United fans going to see them to get their football fix when they’re playing away. You wouldn’t get that on a Tuesday

Jan 2, 2019
Salford won’t be sustainable as a Football League club unless their crowds drastically improve which is unlikely to happen. Buying your way out of non league is very different to buying your way up the Football League just ask the fella at Vegan Green Rovers. They will come unstuck when they have to comply with FPP.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Devongreenowl":1q1k478u said:
Whilst on the subject of crowds, what about the abysmal attendances at Sid James. Top 3 nearly all season and they can’t get more than 4K through the gate.
It actually makes what they are achieving all the more creditable.

P

PrestwichShaker

Clarke_B":3ps7ilgt said:

Agreed!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When you think about the link with their parents I'm amazed they didn't.

Mind you they may have tried but Day probably told them to do one, who knows.