Match ticket "transaction charge" | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match ticket "transaction charge"

Jan 27, 2012
Does anyone know what the "transaction charge" is when purchasing a match ticket on the PAFC website ?

Even if you print the ticket at home, you can't get away with them adding a 75p transaction charge on at the end. Its seems to me like a way of making the tickets look cheaper than they actually are- they just add on some arbitary extra costs right at the end. Another example of this tactic is the Eden project who add on £5 per ticket !

Presumably, if you drive to the box offrice and get one of the Argyle staff to manually print the ticket and hand it over to you then you don't have to pay any added "transaction charges". Whereas there is apparently an extra cost associated with using a fully automated online ticketing system.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s probably the profit that Ticketmaster make.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":1kxrrpru said:
It’s probably the profit that Ticketmaster make.

Indeed. Ticketmaster isn't a charity. Until Argyle can afford to bring it back into house these charges will remain.

Aug 4, 2011
You can get the ticket sent directly to your phone. Driving to the stadium will cost you more than 75p

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not particularly worried about paying 75p extra.

Its more about the principle of Argyle advertising their tickets at one price but actually selling them at another.

The sort of trick that some companies use to add quite a lot to the advertised price of tickets (RyanAir for instance).

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":1gu0dd13 said:
I'm not particularly worried about paying 75p extra.

Its more about the principle of Argyle advertising their tickets at one price but actually selling them at another.

The sort of trick that some companies use to add quite a lot to the advertised price of tickets (RyanAir for instance).

But Argyle aren't selling them, Ticketmaster are.