Anyone see why they (Devonport End) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anyone see why they (Devonport End)

Aug 26, 2019
It appeared to be about over officious stewarding again , before the game kicked off a certain steward ( who not for the first time ) removed a lad who was sitting with his mate , because it was not his seat , when the lad tried to explain that he was aware of that but his friend who's seat it was could not attend today , the steward ignored those protestations and moved him anyway , then at the start of a the second half the same steward , removed somebody else from their seat , this warranted a chorus of get a better job etc etc from the back row , the rest of the yellow bibs took offence to this , and moved to eject a couple of the antagonists , one of the guys who was ejected , was not part of the jeering , but he was trying to defend the supposed offenders.
IMO this was caused by a certain steward who likes to shall we say be over zealous in his implementation of the regulations .
. I don't condone abuse of the stewards , but they certainly don't help their own cause when they rule with a heavy hand when its not even neccessary ( by the way where the young lad moved on at the start of the game , the seat he was occupying , remained empty .)
PS , I was right next to it so my account is accurate and without bias.

Dec 21, 2010
Sadly I have to say that exmu000's observations are entirely accurate. I was stood just a few feet away and witnessed all the events that he listed. While not wishing to overly criticise the stewarding in general, this particular steward was over zealous to the point of being vindictive.

Oct 31, 2015
He is known for it. WTF is he still working at HP. I complained about him before to the club and asked them to look at the CCTV for evidence. Nothing came of it.

If the club are doing nothing what can the fans do because he will just pick you out as you walk in.

I would love to turn on him but I like my football too much for him to get any satisfaction :banghead:

FFS Argyle sort this idiot out

Mar 8, 2016
An argyle steward lacking in common sense? Never, nothing to see here. Letā€™s be honest common sense isnā€™t all that common anymore, especially when argyle employees are involved, unfortunately. Ive noticed one dude with long black hair that hovers around the sh1ters in the devonport end all game biting his nails, he wears a high vis jacket so I guess heā€™s a ā€œstewardā€. Not sure what heā€™s achieving to be honest. Iā€™ve done the SIA course, itā€™s gash, any muppet could do it, so itā€™s hardly surprising the standard of steward is so low, always has been always will be, with the odd exception.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If someone at the Club could just tell me:
'Why would you remove anyone (with a ticket) from any seat that was not being used for that game?
Why would you pursue a 'complaint' in the absence of a complainant?
If no-one has complained that his/her seat is occupied by A.N.Other, why would a steward get involved and provoke an incident/reaction when there is no real 'incident'?? :think:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Seems really petty, although stewards have a difficult job at times. Itā€™s gone on since time immemorial when grounds arenā€™t full. Move to a better seat than the one youā€™ve been dealt by lottery if youā€™re not a season ticket holder. I thought all that hassle with the stewards which started at the beginning of the season, had faded away until yesterday.

AdelaideGreen

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
Jan 11, 2017
Pogleswoody":2394srcj said:
If someone at the Club could just tell me:
'Why would you remove anyone (with a ticket) from any seat that was not being used for that game?
Why would you pursue a 'complaint' in the absence of a complainant?
If no-one has complained that his/her seat is occupied by A.N.Other, why would a steward get involved and provoke an incident/reaction when there is no real 'incident'?? :think:

Yes - a victimless crime.

Reminds me of a few of the "security" guys at bar entrances. Seen one, who had nothing to do, giving some verbal abuse to passing stray dog. Why? Because his job gave him "authority" and he wanted to use it. Dog relocated quietly.

Dec 16, 2004
Since the new stand has opened I have sat there every match and have been extremely impressed with the stewards ( who I assume are new and recently trained). They are, for the most part, friendly and helpful.

It is a pleasure to interact with them.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
exmu000":1i5t9zd6 said:
It appeared to be about over officious stewarding again , before the game kicked off a certain steward ( who not for the first time ) removed a lad who was sitting with his mate , because it was not his seat , when the lad tried to explain that he was aware of that but his friend who's seat it was could not attend today , the steward ignored those protestations and moved him anyway , then at the start of a the second half the same steward , removed somebody else from their seat , this warranted a chorus of get a better job etc etc from the back row , the rest of the yellow bibs took offence to this , and moved to eject a couple of the antagonists , one of the guys who was ejected , was not part of the jeering , but he was trying to defend the supposed offenders.
IMO this was caused by a certain steward who likes to shall we say be over zealous in his implementation of the regulations .
. I don't condone abuse of the stewards , but they certainly don't help their own cause when they rule with a heavy hand when its not even neccessary ( by the way where the young lad moved on at the start of the game , the seat he was occupying , remained empty .)
PS , I was right next to it so my account is accurate and without bias.
Canā€™t understand why/who drew a stewardā€™s attention to someone who was sitting in a different seat.

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
lyndhurst13":1qvu6inx said:
Since the new stand has opened I have sat there every match and have been extremely impressed with the stewards ( who I assume are new and recently trained). They are, for the most part, friendly and helpful.

It is a pleasure to interact with them.

Agreed.

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Just a thought. Perhaps they want people sitting in the seats they have bought because it is how you trace a miscreant if they hurl abuse or racist comments or throw flares about.

Aug 26, 2019
Long may the mutual admiration society between the supporters and the stewards in the grandstand remain,
However in block 3, we are shall we say not afforded the same level of respect , not surprising though as obviously the majority of us are presumed to be racist chanters and flare throwers .
Sarcasm aside this is not an attack on the stewards as a whole , but there is undoubted friction caused by the heavy handed approach of certain yellow jackets.
Maybe the contributor who stated that we may be forced to sit in our assigned seats in order to best keep an eye on us has a point , a point I had not considered .
But this feud has simmered from the start of the season with the attempts to make us all sit down , and irrespective of your views on that , certain stewards if they had better communication skills could quell the flames and not inflate it.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So, why was the lad who sat in the wrong seat ā€˜targetedā€™?
Whether I was in the Grandstand, Lyndhurst or Devonport End, I wouldnā€™t expect anyone to take any notice unless the normal user wanted to sit there.
Was there another reason why the steward got involved?