Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 25 February | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 25 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Argyle play the final group game in the Premier League Cup against Fulham at Home Park tonight, a win will see the Greens progress to the knock-out stage ... full details
The game is available on iFollow .... club website

With six home games left the six-game Flexi Ticket is an ideal way to guarantee a seat at Home Park, especially with the season set for an exciting finish and the possibility of sold out games.
An adult ticket costs £125 and includes priority booking for home and away games ...Flexi Ticket details
Adult (23-64) £125
Senior (65+) £95
Under 23 (18-22) £95
Under 18 (12-17) £40
Under 12 (0-11) £25

Cambridge Matchday Moments .... You Tube

Cambridge Tunnel Cam .... You Tube

Tickets for the game at Morecambe on 14 March go on general sale today.

Bury fan Peter Taylor takes a look at Ryan Lowe and whether he can win back-to-back promotions .... link

Former Argyle midfielders Ruben Lameiras and Graham Carey have struggled for game time at their respective clubs since the end of the winter break.
Lameiras was missing from the Famalicão squad for one game, was a late substitute in two games, a non-playing substitute in another game and started against Vitoria Guimaraes in a 7-0 defeat before being subbed midway through the second half.
Carey was missing from the CSKA Sofia squad for the first game following the resumption of the league season and was a 91st minute substitute in the second game.

Tickets for the game at Leyton Orient on 17 March are now on sale to season ticket holders.
Tickets go on general sale on Tuesday 3 March. Full details on club website

Exeter City fans have bought all 1,723 tickets for the Devon Derby game at Home Park on 23 March, although some tickets have been returned because the game was moved by Sky TV and some Exeter fans cannot now get to the game. These tickets will be re-sold.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The grass is always greener?

justanotherfan":l8muy29w said:

Maybe not, but the paypacket is certainly larger, and the opportunity to live and work in a different environment and culture is often a very big pull. I'm glad I took the opportunity to do just that when it arose, and I'm sure they are too. Returning back to England, be that Plymouth or somewhere else, also shouldn't be viewed as an admission of error in the first place.

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
It's a pity the article on the tonight's -23 Fulham game posted this morning uses the word 'tomorrow' which suggests the game is on Wednesday, when it has always been scheduled for tonight (Tuesday)!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":2ka3kef4 said:
justanotherfan":2ka3kef4 said:

Maybe not, but the paypacket is certainly larger, and the opportunity to live and work in a different environment and culture is often a very big pull. I'm glad I took the opportunity to do just that when it arose, and I'm sure they are too. Returning back to England, be that Plymouth or somewhere else, also shouldn't be viewed as an admission of error in the first place.

Maybe? Maybe not, but being unable to do a job that you not only love but are very good at is surely a drawkcab step. But as you say, to each his own.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That greener grass point is something that came up indirectly in that there Josh W video about Newport (h).

Gordon S implying that a high turnaround of managers was closely linked to relegations and so on, prima facie all fine. But then saying that any future success was dependent on the current manager being the golden ticket and the long term, not so fine. It’s that insecure mindset of no one must leave on their terms, go and you’re damned, that’s what’s indicative of holding the club back.

Right people at the right time is what’s needed isn’t it, not holding hostage any player or manager who develops quicker than what the ‘level’ of The club does; always have the capacity to find and go get the next one who’s needed, youths stepping up included.

The record of personnel moving on amicably to better things and waved off fondly from Home Park, that is poor, so there’s no advert to shout of for how people are improved at HP and move on, hence come sign for us. Exeter’s record on that front would seem far better from their lower start point of barely a league club, a more open mindset maybe from less pressure to succeed and cling to anything blue sky hiding in clouds.

Maybe Hallett gets it, having left the city himself and come back.

Probably the above logic is all too literal though, after all seconds later Josh W was claiming to remember the zoo, bit of a Tony Blair moment that, of an otherwise very decent vlog.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Bermudian Green":cmaszu00 said:
justanotherfan":cmaszu00 said:

The pay packet is probably similar if not smaller. The money will certainly go further though.