Argyle & the coronavirus. Season off to Apr 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle & the coronavirus. Season off to Apr 3

If the coronavirus affects games would you prefer ...

• Games behind closed doors and on iFollow

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Postpone games and play later, maybe May/June

Votes: 80 68.4%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a lot of uncertainty at the moment regarding the coronavirus not helped by the media whipping up a storm and scaremongering.

It could reach the point where the Government ban large public gatherings so the football season could effectively be over, what happens then? Will the promotion/play-off/relegation places be decided at that point or will future matches including play-off games be played in the summer? Will it really matter anyway?
Does Home Park need a deep clean? :)
Thoughts?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just take the relevant precautions and we'll be fine.

49596903373_bac8a1a872.jpg

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
Or sit in the Mayflower. I have 50 seats each side of me free! Or is that because of a personal hygiene problem. Not sure which.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
They’ll probably play matches behind closed doors if it comes to that. Imagine how gutted Liverpool fans would be if they just declared the season null and void! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Aug 17, 2005
The important question would be would it bounce down through the other leagues and we didnt get promotion because of it. As a person who it has already affected due to cancellation of my airflights and consequently my holiday would not be to happy.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quizmike":1ipddm31 said:
Matches would be postponed pending how severe things got. Then played behind closed doors if things didn't get better.

My guess is that if all movement was forbidden, the season would finish and all standings would be taken from that point. Also, again just guessing, that as playoffs would be impossible, fourth place would get promotion

Promotion and relegation would be even more controversial if the season wasn't able to be finished. If (and it's a massive if) the season were to be abandoned then the most likely outcome would surely be to declare that promotion and relegation hadn't been won or lost by anyone.

Of course there is precedence. At the outbreak of World War Two the season was abandoned but three games into the season was a completely different scenario to that which administrators would be facing this year.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Loads of fear over something that's a whole lot of nothing.

If you've got a pre-existing medical condition then you might be in trouble, but for the vast majority of the general public it's just like another flu.

About time this scaremongering was calmed down.

Remember when SARS was the end of the world (a disease with a higher death rate - granted less infections), or bird flu, or swine flu?

I feel sorry for those who have/are suffering with the illness and any losses too, don't get me wrong, but there's loads of fluff and bluster about very little again!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Much stress over nothing, they should possibly cancel European matches but not our normal season.
I would imagine the euros will be cancelled.