Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 29 February | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 29 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Ryan Lowe talks about the future ... club website
“I’m a happy manager - why wouldn’t you be? I’m working for a fantastic football club, we’ve got a fantastic team and we’re going in the right direction.
“It’s not about me it’s not about whether I move on or what I do. This is a football club that is going in the right direction and it’s got good people here. When you’re working with good people, whatever comes and whatever arises, that’s why they're good people as they wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way."

Ryan Lowe gives an injury update ...
“Ryan Taylor is in full training and Will Aimson will potentially be in full training on Monday, which is a big, big plus for us because he’s grafted and worked his socks off to get where he’s got to. We’ll monitor him, two days on two days off. He’s going to be a real asset for us going into the back end of the season.”
"Josh Grant is at Chelsea, obviously with him still being their player, they’ll look at him and the MRI scan was taking a little bit longer to do.
“I think he’s due back with us on Monday to finish a back end of rehab and be available for the following Saturday, so it’s not too bad. Chelsea have got him in, looked after him, done the right things and they’ll send him back to us next week.”
In the history of the club Argyle have played just four times on 29 February; winning one game and losing three in the leap years of 1904, 1908, 1964 and 1992.

Bradford have announced a cautionary pitch inspection at 10.30am.

There will be another pitch inspection at 1pm. A video of the first pitch inspection .... Twitter

Game on ...

Team line-up v Bradford ...

Bradford 2 - 1 Argyle
Richards-Everton 6. Hardie 87.
Connolly 45.

Gary Sawyer sent off in 40th minute, Antoni Sarcevic sent off 84th. Four game ban for Sawyer and two game ban for Sarcevic - to be confirmed.

Match highlights ... Sky Sports

Ryan Lowe talks about the defeat ... club website
“The sending-off set us back again and then the other sending-off, but it was nowhere near a football match today. The pitch was a disgrace, we couldn’t play our football, we still tried in parts but a certain individual didn’t help."

Bradford manager Stuart McCall talks about the win ... Bradford club website

Sep 2, 2008
Bit of a weird comment by Lowe at the end of the first quoted piece. His comments sound to me as if things have changed for him from a personal perspective. I'm beginning to feel as if he's going to be off at the end of the season. I read somewhere that he was looking to bring his family down after Christmas....anyone know if that actually happened?

Aug 5, 2016
Pottypilgrim":3gadqz32 said:
Bit of a weird comment by Lowe at the end of the first quoted piece. His comments sound to me as if things have changed for him from a personal perspective. I'm beginning to feel as if he's going to be off at the end of the season. I read somewhere that he was looking to bring his family down after Christmas....anyone know if that actually happened?

There was a comment after we had an away game up north. He said something like he enjoyed it and his family enjoyed it and he spent time with them afterwards. Unless he meant his parents, I did feel like he was referring to his wife and kids though. It did make me think that they hadn't uprooted after all.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
I thought Lowe's comment at the end of the first excerpt was peculiar. Methinks he'll be gone at the end of the season unless we get a top 3 finish. Geography comes into play again. If his family haven't moved then I am pretty sure he'll be off. Just an opinion.

Sep 2, 2008
Pafcineurope":5l3o0maf said:
I thought Lowe's comment at the end of the first excerpt was peculiar. Methinks he'll be gone at the end of the season unless we get a top 3 finish. Geography comes into play again. If his family haven't moved then I am pretty sure he'll be off. Just an opinion.

I think he'll be gone irrespective of where we finish. Danny Mayor only signed for one year as well. I don't see him staying down here any longer either. When I combine Lowes comments with the recent ones from the Chairman, specifically where he talks about the way that we will be playing in the future and any new manager etc etc, then it only convinces me even more that Lowe is off.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think he's reinforcing the point that our style of play is not just his way but the Argyle way - so when he leaves, which he will one day, then the style will continue. It's not about RL, it's about the club. But I know some people are convinced that he doesn't really want to be here/belong here. Only time will tell.

Aug 27, 2016
Latest from Valley Parade, looks like Wooten beaten at far post for header,( bean suspect all season).Sawyer sent off, his problem lack of pace, hence two reds in last month.Lowe should have sorted these problems in January window, too late now. :sad:

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Hedgehoghouse":2yk9ixfc said:
Latest from Valley Parade, looks like Wooten beaten at far post for header,( bean suspect all season).Sawyer sent off, his problem lack of pace, hence two reds in last month.Lowe should have sorted these problems in January window, too late now. :sad:

Whilst most would agree Sawyer lacks pace and is therefore vulnerable, if you’d seen both of his sendings off, neither were pace issues. They were both challenges going into a player from the front, not hacking him down to stop him getting past.

Sep 25, 2010
Pottypilgrim":2mujcely said:

What the heck are you talking about.

He said last summer, he would not be uprooting his family, but they would be down on holidays, and half term, why are you bringing this up now ???.

Aug 5, 2016
Martyn":2nxnpm7q said:
Pottypilgrim":2nxnpm7q said:

He said last summer, he would not be uprooting his family, but they would be down on holidays, and half term, why are you bringing this up now ???.

I don't remember Lowe clarifying that. I do remember Errington asking him repeatedly about it, and Lowe skirting around the issue, being cagey and vague, but essentially saying he would be looking to bring his family down in time. That was his first ever interview as Argyle manager.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Knibbsworth":ri30nhnp said:
Martyn":ri30nhnp said:
Pottypilgrim":ri30nhnp said:

I don't remember Lowe clarifying that. I do remember Errington asking him repeatedly about it, and Lowe skirting around the issue, being cagey and vague, but essentially saying he would be looking to bring his family down in time. That was his first ever interview as Argyle manager.

I'm sure they've moved down. I remember him saying something about his boy being enrolled in a local school and joining the academy.

Dont have the time to go back through his interviews, but sure this was the case.