Rick Cowdery | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rick Cowdery

Embarrassing hearing this fool summarising, hope he never does again. Totally biased and ate a fair share of SOUR GRAPES today. We lost that game by not creating chances, atrocious refereeing on a quagmire of a poor excuse for a pitch.
The fact that he didn't give any credit for their 2nd goal, calling same player a cheat and slating refereeing decisions was out of order..yeah its hard to take but he is a sore loser.. get shot of him!

‐-----------
Title amended. Pasoti has a policy of no abuse aimed at club staff and officials. Thanks. Admin.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
"We can't play any other way", "We can't play any other way", "We can't play any other way", "We can't play any other way"

Second Half Rick what do you think?

"Looks like we're going to play a longer ball" PRICELESS :lol: :lol: :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course he's biased. A) He supports PAFC and B) He gets paid by them.

the bloke cheated, lost of them cheated, but it was a worldy goal.

Says it all when they were wasting time versus nine men.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I have never joined in some of the criticisms of Rick Cowdery on this site over the years but today I watched the game on ifollow and some of his comments were very poor and frankly embarrassing for an employee of the club. Slating the referee, mocking the red card and more so Sarce's second yellow, calling an opposing player an out and out cheat, repetitively saying we have only one way to play and should stick with it etc. He has gone down in my estimation.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It was embarrassing to listen to. He was too emotional and lost control of what he was saying. For a fan in the pub or at a game I guess that’s fine, but on the radio and as the club’s Head of Communications? I don’t think so. He was practically screaming at the mic that Connolly was a cheat.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I think Palmer must have shagged his wife or something, the way he never gave any credit to any save he made beyond "he's just doing the job he's there for..."

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Laido":13dx2noo said:
Embarrassing hearing this fool summarising, hope he never does again. Totally biased and ate a fair share of SOUR GRAPES today. We lost that game by not creating chances, atrocious refereeing on a quagmire of a poor excuse for a pitch.
The fact that he didn't give any credit for their 2nd goal, calling same player a cheat and slating refereeing decisions was out of order..yeah its hard to take but he is a sore loser.. get shot of him!

‐-----------
Title amended. Pasoti has a policy of no abuse aimed at club staff and officials. Thanks. Admin.

Yo call him out for slating refereeing decisions, yet you say we lost in part down to atrocious refereeing. Was the ref atrocious or not?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Laido":214nd2z4 said:

‐-----------

I agree with the policy of not allowing abuse of club staff and officials on here but it is very ironic that the person we are defending was guilty of just that this afternoon to another team's staff and an official.

Jul 29, 2010
Cards on the table, I've never been a fan.

But these days, with a smarter corporate image, a shiny new stand and things just generally getting more and more polished and professional about the club under the Halletts...

...dear old Rick just seems soooooo painfully 'old Argyle' :oops:

#anachronism

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Doctor":3fpz5lt6 said:
He was practically screaming at the mic that Connolly was a cheat.

Isn't that what made Sparksy so likeable?

"Dion Dublin suck on that"!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":qyti2nne said:
The Doctor":qyti2nne said:
He was practically screaming at the mic that Connolly was a cheat.

Isn't that what made Sparksy so likeable?

"Dion Dublin suck on that"!!

That’s not the same as calling a player a cheat and Sparksy wasn’t a senior club employee.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That player DID cheat today, no doubt about it. Rolling around with his two snapped legs and then straight up and ran off when the red came out of the idiots pocket.

Jun 2, 2016
For away games I rely on a summariser giving objective observations, albeit from an Argyle perspective, and I feel we get that on Radio Devon from Martin Gritton and David Fox for example. However with Rick Cowdery there is little objectivity or balance, just prejudice and bias, and I don't feel I get a fair reflection of the match.

Sep 3, 2009
wemburygreen67":25fxe2x8 said:
For away games I rely on a summariser giving objective observations, albeit from an Argyle perspective, and I feel we get that on Radio Devon from Martin Gritton and David Fox for example. However with Rick Cowdery there is little objectivity or balance, just prejudice and bias, and I don't feel I get a fair reflection of the match.

Excellent comparison. Both Gritton and Fox are partisan but sensible summarisers - and very enjoyable to listen to.

Cowdery is an embarrassment. Sick of hearing his sycophantic interviews too.

I get that he is paid to spin for Argyle but, please, at least keep him away from match comms.