Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Monday 2 March | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Monday 2 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Current form over six games ...

A still frame of the challenge that led to a red card for Gary Sawyer against Bradford....

Tickets for the game against Exeter City went on general sale this morning and 1,000 were sold within the first 15 minutes.

Sky Bet has dropped Ryan Lowe from 20/1 to 33/1 in the betting to be the new manager at Blackpool.
Update - Liverpool under-23 Head Coach Neil Critchley is now named as Blackpool manager.

The club confirm Gary Sawyer will be suspended for four games and Antoni Sarcevic will miss two games following their second red cards of the season against Bradford on Saturday.... club website

Scott Wotton has two more games to get through before the yellow card amnesty begins. The centre-back has eight league bookings and is two yellow cards away from a two match suspension. Midfielder Antoni Sarcevic has eight league bookings but is suspended for the next two games anyway. The 10 yellow card amnesty begins after the Macclesfield game on Saturday 7 March.

The criticism of the Bradford match report continues .... The Real EFL

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Despite the misleading still frame I think we'll be appealing this one today in advance of tomorrow's match.

Aug 4, 2011
Penlee":2ex1nq46 said:
Despite the misleading still frame I think we'll be appealing this one today in advance of tomorrow's match.
Looks indefensible on that evidence. Didn't think it was a red at the time, but that proves otherwise

Sep 8, 2011
Preston, Lancs
Reminds me of a tackle I made in a match once. As I feared a red card looming, I put my hands up and said "sorry ref, but I did get there as fast as I could" and escaped with a yellow!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Penlee":3ib3a95z said:
It looks pretty conclusive to me. What is there to gain by appealing? If he loses the appeal which he almost certainly will he can expect an extra match ban.

May 28, 2019
The criticism of the Bradford match report continues,........... yes , because it is a total embarrassment to every genuine argyle fan , they really have shown their what they are, unprofessional childish snowflakes living in a green bubble ....

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Mr Cowdery might just have let his passion get the better of him on the day and cloud his judgement a little as far as writing the match report goes. As some of the Bradford fans intimate we could easily have conceded half a dozen or more by the 60th minute and been on the end of a real hiding. Stills and replays support the red card decision. Whether Connolly rolled over twice or half a dozen times to break his fall, he was wise to take evasive action. There was nothing in any of his perceived theatrics that affected the result. We were the better side between the 5th minute goal and the sending off and showed a lot of courage late on to continue to have a go even when down to 9 and were rewarded with a goal but on chances created, chances spurned and some good goalkeeping from Palmer we got off lightly really.
I still think there are a lot of positives to take from Saturday though and hopefully with 2 home games this week on a good playing surface we can bounce back with 6 points.

Aug 8, 2013
jerryatricjanner":2u1h33gq said:
Penlee":2u1h33gq said:
It looks pretty conclusive to me. What is there to gain by appealing? If he loses the appeal which he almost certainly will he can expect an extra match ban.

Looks pretty similar to the previous red.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Indeed, which makes it all the more bemusing how a player approaching 35 years with 450 games under his belt and not a single red card until this last month could commit two such tackles in such a short space of time.

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
RL said in a recent interview that he has been challenging Sawyer to be more assertive and have more of a Captain;s presence on the pitch. Seems like our Skipper is being gee'd up rather and is yet to find the balance of leading with heart and passion but being grounded (in every sense) and playing within the rules

Dec 3, 2005
Only hope the the tickets that have gone on sale for the Exeter game are being bought by Argyle Supporters and not the ones who come once a season in their hoodies, just to cause trouble.

Aug 10, 2006
Bradford would be reacting in exactly the same way if it was reversed that ref was a complete joke gave us very little all game fact.